Posted: Mar 8th 2011 11:56AM Comrade Domovoi said

After I installed this patch Craig Morrison jumped out of the computer screen and assaulted me. I woke up some time later, sore throughout my body. After a nice hot shower and a glass of whiskey I fired up the client and I tell you what, it's running great and the graphical improvements are quite nice.

Posted: Mar 8th 2011 12:42PM Nautius said

@Comrade Domovoi

Assaulted? Or loved up on ya?

Posted: Mar 8th 2011 1:07PM xyna031 said

Is Kithai playeble now?

Posted: Mar 8th 2011 1:25PM Lateris said

@xyna031 Yes!

I see a lot of people in global chat who have no idea what settings to enable and that includes FXAA. Also, you "need to make sure" options are selected for downloading all the content in the patcher on the left hand side after selecting options. It is those check boxes on the top left side. Much of the community does not know this.

As far as the performance goes mine has gone up drastically. Grasslands loaded for me the fastest it has ever loaded in the entire history of god slayer.My frames have gone way up. I don't spike with grass enabled in Chosain. I guess I must be the vampire who is back from the dead because the nails are not in the coffin for me. I actually think this engine update kicked ass based on my experience. Sorry if yours is not a good one.

AMD 1090XT 6 core
W7 64 bit
8 GBS of RAM
ATI HIS 5850 Drivers 11.2
850 watts of juice! PSU

Posted: Mar 8th 2011 1:59PM Nautius said

@Lateris

AHA!! I see you out there on the forums Astralll!

How are the colors? I see some screenshots where they look a little muted as compared to pre-dreamworld

Posted: Mar 8th 2011 2:01PM xyna031 said

@Lateris Im downloading the client right now, gonna try first with my old endless trial, if i notice a good framerate im probbly re-subing since wow its not fun anymore for me, im burned up with the game.
Lets hope to see some improvements, i miss my assasin :3

Posted: Mar 8th 2011 2:07PM Jef Reahard said

@xyna031

I've had notable improvements as well, mainly on loading times as my frame rates were already pretty good. The forums seem to be crawling with people who can't run it, but the Grasslands load much faster than they ever have on my rig in both DX9 and 10.

The worst part of the update for me was updating MirageUI, everything else has been pretty smooth.

Posted: Mar 8th 2011 3:38PM Lateris said

@Nautius You found me lol!

I have screen shots from the test server but this was before I changed the contrast settings using my ATI card. Plus I have a mixture of settings.

Go here

Posted: Mar 8th 2011 5:20PM csuba said

fps nothing changed for me 27fps but at the moment the game is unplayable for me lots lags and graphic problems http://img35.imageshack.us/f/musdtpicture024.png/

Posted: Mar 8th 2011 6:21PM Lateris said

@csuba Whats your system specs?

Posted: Mar 8th 2011 8:27PM csuba said

Intel Core Quad Q9400 2.67GHz
4G Ram
ATI 4800 2G
Win 7 64 bit
Full video option, runing with the newest catalyst driver and never had any problem!

Posted: Mar 8th 2011 8:29PM Dunraven said

Tried out the new settings today very nice, I just wish somehow something could be done about the horrid community......for some reason a handful of douchebags seem to control the entire game.

Posted: Mar 8th 2011 8:34PM csuba said

Questions: Huma, Modareator of ageofconan.hu
Answers: Craig Morrison, Game Director of Age of Conan

Q: We are all expecting a lot from the Dreamworld Engine updates. Please talk a little bit about this. What will the updates will bring us?

A: That would take a lot longer than we have space for here! There is really a lot going into it, both in improvements people will see (like performance and rendering) and in the back end
as well that won’t be as obvious to the end user.

This is not true we had not better performance we had most badly my 2th yesterday was fine and played on it without problems, now no any chance to play on it!

Posted: Mar 8th 2011 9:00PM csuba said

2th computer*

Posted: Mar 8th 2011 9:48PM svarthymn said

I wish I hadn't seen this... now I'm going to be late for work!

Posted: Mar 9th 2011 5:13AM Lehmus said

The new dreamworld engine works very good for me, I doubled my FPS under DX10 and I have been able to pump up Screen Space Ambient Occlusion (they works right now) and God Rays.

Just Keep in mind that the new graphic presets (low - medium - high) have a different graphic output than before, in other words usually the same presets now give you more.

Also keep in mind when you launch the game after the update the system will ricompile all your shaders for each new zone you enter, so this can be laggy/stuttering for you at first but this stuttering will decrease everytime you return in the same zone. The system place the new shader in the cache so there will be is no more need for the recompilation later.

For me this patch is great, there are still problems with some stupid bugs, (like firedot in Jehbbal Sag Mini) but I think they will be resolved very soon.

Posted: Mar 9th 2011 8:20AM (Unverified) said

Now if they can only patch Anarchy Online with a similar graphical update...