Posted: Mar 7th 2011 7:55PM kgptzac said

While improved graphics and UI is nice, I hope the guide system is the first step of making pve less grindy and more dynamic...

Posted: Mar 8th 2011 9:30AM Lorell said

@kgptzac TBH Since 2.0 and 2.1 Aion is A LOT less grindy than it was like pre-2.0 (they really changed a lot, my friend who just come back after nearly one year out of Aion, can admit it so easy to level and make money now). Guide system, will even more help low lvl / new players, because high levels will be able to help lowbies without stealing theirs exp or loot.

So I and my friend are really happy about this new helper system. And other new features looks nice as well :)

Posted: Mar 8th 2011 5:11PM kgptzac said

@Lorell

I still don't like to have to create multiple chars to experience more than one play style. only if they could add subclass system like in L2...

Posted: Mar 7th 2011 11:46PM Naru now in 3D said

Maybe it's just my staggering amount of hope and desire coloring my view of reality, but I was always under the impression that housing would be one of the things that would definitely absolutely 100% show up in the 3.0 update, which will hopefully be out 2-6 months after 2.5 is implemented.

Please let it be so!

Posted: Mar 7th 2011 11:57PM Zyrusticae said

@Naru now in 3D

In the 2.5 trailer, they show some 3.0 teasers at the end. Housing is definitely one of those (alongside mounts and possibly the big, awesome sieges shown in the Visions trailer).

Check it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1abY7VYcKv4

Posted: Mar 7th 2011 11:54PM Naru now in 3D said

Oh, and do you mean skip-to-my-lou my darling or that Rocky Horror Picture Show song getting stuck in our heads?

Right now, for some reason, this is stuck in my head... Don't judge... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyG3MP6FebQ#t=1m01s

Posted: Mar 8th 2011 12:01AM Zyrusticae said

"However, there are those who have a virtual heart attack when new goodies for Aion are announced; I have one legionmate who will only re-sub when update 2.5 rolls around and brings with it all the little bells and whistles he is pining for. It is quite interesting to listen as he randomly pops into Ventrilo to trumpet the greatness of this upcoming gaming salvation, then disappears again into the night."

Y'know, this description sounds very suspiciously like myself... ;)

Posted: Mar 8th 2011 12:29AM MJ Guthrie said

@Zyrusticae

Well I do not believe we have met, but it you are like a number of players I have been speaking with, then excitement for upcoming features is what is fueling people nowadays. I can't think of any game I have played where players don't get slightly intoxicated with the idea of new toys. So which is your favorite?

Posted: Mar 8th 2011 12:36PM Zyrusticae said

@MJ Guthrie

Everything. :D

The whole thing is remarkably impressive. Not many games get updates on such a magnitude. Them Koreans sure are passionate about them!

Posted: Mar 8th 2011 5:18AM Addfwyn said

For a game that is already one of the best looking MMOs out there, another graphics upgrade is pretty nice. Might have me stretching my wings to test things out again, once my initial month of RIFT is over.

Posted: Mar 8th 2011 5:56AM Integral said

This update is gooooood! Cannot wait! You definitely gotta love the developer support Aion gets.

Posted: Mar 9th 2011 3:37PM Sukiyaki said

The lowbie helper has turned out to be extremly popular in Korea.
Why? Because it raises you dropprate to the level of the group you support.
Or other way arround your droprate isnt lowered at the moment at all.
You can smash trough some lowbie dungeon and get full loot without any lower droprate penalties, aslong as the guys you guide through are at the correct level. And the badge rewards for helper activities are decent enough to compensate for the lacking EP (if you still need any at all)
While the lowbie players at the same time benefit from more people interested into his lowlevel dungeon. Groups are generated faster than ever because lowtier mats or AP rewards can now be farmed by highlevel character either even easier than with an alt or at all because there is no penalty anymore with the right setup.
It even raised the demand for the lower fortress.

Make My MMO: December 14 - 20, 2014