Posted: Mar 6th 2011 3:35PM ShivanSwordsman said

Don't forget to mention the North American version, which is being hosted by none-other than Gravity/WarpPortal.

For those wondering, they had to change it's name because of a naming conflict with a US Musician called "Dragonica". Thus, rather than fight for the name, they decided to just rename it entirely. Give it a look. The game is still very fun, though some classes have their name changed. Assassins are "Infiltrators", Jesters are "Bandits", just to name a few.

Here's the wiki: http://dragonsaga.info/

Posted: Mar 6th 2011 5:19PM (Unverified) said

Thank for you for the info about the US version shivan, how populated is the american version? can't be near as populated as the euros. Any real reason to roll on american servers? (europe should be up to date faster/latency doesn't seem to be an issue from US, more populated?)

Posted: Mar 6th 2011 5:29PM ShivanSwordsman said

@(Unverified)

A decent community, though if all the Americans would pull over to the American version, we'd be flourishing. It's fairly hard to get a party at the moment, though. I refuse to play any other version, even if it's somewhat hard to get a party. I think I can see why now: Everyone's playing in Europe.

Posted: Mar 6th 2011 5:26PM Beau Hindman said

Thanks for the info, Shivan! I had no idea, and I like to pride myself on being pretty clued in! Now I know, and knowing is half the battle.

Beau

Posted: Mar 6th 2011 6:34PM (Unverified) said

I think part of the problem is also that since dragonica US version has changed names/publishers a few times most people getting back into the game probably don't know and only see the EU version pop up in searches. ( I was interested in getting back into it and only knew about the Eu vers)

Posted: Mar 6th 2011 6:35PM (Unverified) said

On a side note ghostx is looks neat and i want to give that a shot too, the company hasn't gave me a verification email yet though.

Posted: Mar 7th 2011 2:55AM Slayblaze said

I think you guys will like GhostX...I played it over a year ago for a couple months and it was a lot of fun. Better have your best gamepad warmed up - it is a true thumbuster! Seriously. Thumb B U S T I N G

I actually would have kept playing GhostX but there was some technical issue that I just don't recall. I do remember that you had to switch your character to a new server, maybe before it was on GameKiss. Yeah I think thats it. GameKiss picked it up and you could transfer to the new GameKiss server but for some reason I couldn't get mine to transfer so I just gave up and didn't want to re-roll cause I put a lot of work into it and didn't want to go through all that again. Parts of the game are a bit of a struggle and take multiple tries to pull off.

I can't for the life of me remember what company hosted it before GameKiss did.

Maybe I'll start again and see if I can find you guys in game. Much better with a non-random group I'll tell you that for GhostX. Also the PVP is laggy as anything... ah I'll wait for Beau's review I guess!

As for Dragonica. Never tried it, its just too much below my age level I guess although I like some games lke that in spite of that.

Posted: Mar 7th 2011 11:20AM Dblade said

Games like this though would be ten times better if they dropped the grind and just released it as a single player game. I get why they do it: it's to pirate proof a game which would otherwise have little chance of making money, but the side-scrolling 2 and 3-d games just get so grindy and repetitve that it kills the wonder of it.

Posted: Mar 7th 2011 1:13PM Revrant said

Start it up, go back on my old warrior, still can't hit anything because it's an Asia-developed game therefore warriors are broken as always.

Uninstall, again.

Well that was fun.

Posted: Mar 20th 2011 9:36PM jammers said

Dragonica is great fun, I play it on my old SNES pad. You only use the mouse for the interface and not movement or combat. So I had joytokey for my emulator and thought I'd give it a try. Mapped up down left right to movement, select and start to my health and magic , the four action Button's to jump, attack, action and one special move, and the two shoulder buttons to two other special moves

Most of the combat is directions and button presses and it literally is about making every strike hit before dashing to the next mob and keeping the combo going. I grew up playing games like this to death with my brother, and they just don't make games like this any more. It works on ps3, 360 and USB pads, but if your around thirty dig that old snes or megadrive pad from wherever it has been languishing unplayed and unloved but still working. Spend a Tenner on eBay for a USB convertor and try this out. Its free to download and play so you have nothing to lose :)

You wont regret it!