Posted: Mar 5th 2011 8:14PM PiOmega said

No I'm not going, but maybe I'll see them at Comic Con this year I hope.
Awesome when a game company picks up a charity such as this :) hope it goes well.

Posted: Mar 5th 2011 11:53PM slash beast said

It's funny because you see all these women in attendance yet the female population in eve is nearly non existant. Am I to believe what few women there are that play eve attend the fanfest?

Because that would be hard to believe....unless they're residents of iceland and they're just there to show support for what little gaming industry there is there.

Posted: Mar 6th 2011 8:25AM Icemasta said

@slash beast
They pay them to be there so it doesn't look like a sausage fest. Also, 90% of women won't ever mention they're a women because it brings a fuck ton of unwanted attention. My 2 sisters play MMOs, one plays WoW, the other Eve online/Global Agenda, and they both play male characters and tell very little people that they're girls because otherwise they get harassed constantly. People need to stop making a big deal out of it and maybe girls will be more themselves online.

Posted: Mar 10th 2011 11:05AM (Unverified) said

@slash beast Some if not most are likely girlfriends / wives. EVE's average player age isn't a 15 years, but in their late twenties. And hey, if I had a girlfriend, I'd take her to Iceland with me. It's a beautiful place.

Posted: Mar 6th 2011 3:10AM EdmundDante said

It is kind of interesting that the female population for Eve is so small. Why are spaceships such a male thing? I mean - there have been plenty of women astronauts right?

Posted: Mar 6th 2011 11:48PM (Unverified) said

@EdmundDante I think it's more specifically an EVE thing. EVE is definitely a darker and grittier take as far as sci-fi goes. Not to over-generalize, but it definitely wouldn't appeal to any women that are into anything "cute" about the MMOs they play (i.e. bright colored cartoons ala WoW).

Add in the brutal FFA PvP environment and that explains the lack of women players imo.

STO is a sci-fi setting and has a much larger portion of female players.

Posted: Mar 10th 2011 7:35PM slash beast said

Fair enough.

Make My MMO: August 24 - August 30, 2014

Posted on Aug 30th 2014 6:00PM

PAX Prime 2014: ArcheAge is a go for launch!

Posted on Aug 30th 2014 5:00PM