Posted: Mar 5th 2011 8:48PM Coldbrand said

I wish they'd put out a new myth instead of whatever this shit will be.

Posted: Mar 5th 2011 9:34PM MGTrey said

Bungie doesn't play around like this. They wouldn't wave off a widely reported a huge thing like their next project as a hoax. If it truly wasn't an MMO being developed, Bungie would deny it outright.

Well, that's how they've always operated as long as I've know them.

Posted: Mar 5th 2011 10:53PM Yellowdancer said

I take this comment to mean they are confirming a new FPSDOTA game based in the Dr Who IP?

Posted: Mar 5th 2011 11:35PM real65rcncom said

I don't know why anyone took any of this seriously anyways.

People "IN" the industry, sure. It means jobs they can leave their old failing MMOs to go work on.

Why any actual customer gets moist over rumors only to be dashed among the rocks among a Peyton Place type atmosphere later on is really weird.

I 'heard' they were making a game. I said 'call me when it's soup'.

Posted: Mar 6th 2011 12:25AM pr0t said

Despite the 'Not WoW in space' and 'Destiny' hi-jinx; I do have to say that I am thoroughly disappointed. If it had come on April 1st, fine whatever, but randomly out of no where we get this random info?

I don't know what type of 'Sheen' David is on, but it sounds like he's spent far too much money on 3 hookers and a Philly Cheese Steak followed by a mouth kiss.

Posted: Mar 6th 2011 4:30AM Cwurle said

Oh man we got trolled by Bungie, everybody be trollin these days

Posted: Mar 6th 2011 6:47AM MonkeyZombie said

Would't i t be funny that in a year Bungie comes out with an MMO and said "tricked ya suckers!"?

Posted: Mar 6th 2011 7:49AM pcgneurotic said

I'm quite confused now actually. RPS says they *are* making an mmog, just not an RPG but an FPS: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/03/04/bungie-mmo-not-wow-in-space/

Posted: Mar 6th 2011 1:14PM SaintV said

They just do not want people to know what they are working on yet. I see no problems with that.

Posted: Mar 6th 2011 9:35PM kgptzac said

This confirmed my theory that 90% of the jokes are not funny.

Betawatch: October 18 - 24, 2014