Posted: Mar 4th 2011 9:55PM Russell Clarke said

"my first visit to a PvP zone resulted in my being shot in face with a crossbow and dying instantly"

Poetic justice given what you did to Johnny Moondog at Boneclaw. Biatch :P

Anyway, sounds like you're getting bored, as I did. Take a break. See you in Planetside:Next?

Posted: Mar 4th 2011 10:35PM (Unverified) said

@Russell Clarke

Yeah. Getting a bit burned out. I'm currently on a (so far) week-long break. I've been playing Minecraft while waiting for the 1.8 patch. It's a refreshing change of pace. I'll definitely see ya in PS:N.

Posted: Mar 4th 2011 11:39PM Vagrant Zero said

I enjoyed my limited time in FE but there's a few big issues they need to iron out before I return (no wheel flipping, no AP mission farming, faction matters, better battle system, are the biggies).

Realistically though by the time Icarus does all that I'll be murdering Sith Lords with my Glow-Bat.

Posted: Mar 5th 2011 1:57AM DiscordSK said

@Vagrant Zero
Mmmm... last I read they had done away with the need to wheel flip already, removed the need for AP farming through both a cap and AP earned by completing other tasks and were in the midst of redoing the combat system entirely.

Doesn't seem like your list is that far off, and potentially already addressed.

Posted: Mar 5th 2011 3:25PM DancingCow said

@Vagrant Zero

The need to wheel-flip is almost removed. I think there's just the Blight Wolf which is a CHOTA only quest combat mount?

Faction is now largely irrelevant, which I think is better than what it used to be. Statistic-skill relationships already effectively pre-define classes and faction specific mutations and abilities made that worse.

Combat has been changed but it is still a bit bleh to me.

After resubbing for a month I think that particularly for an FPS, they need more variety in weapons. Generally the only thing that changes is range and reload time and that makes combat quickly feel repetitive.

Posted: Mar 5th 2011 7:38AM LordBeefy said

When I tried out FE there was, as the article indicates, just no jeopardy or threat.

You don't fight for what you need, you fight for what you want.

Posted: Mar 5th 2011 12:49PM Cavadus said

I thought the game was just disappointing in general. Very faux sandbox, big space but it's all (boring) themepark quests, very dull crafting, typical level based system, grossly imbalanced skills, boring combat... good ideas but the game was just... boring.

Posted: Mar 5th 2011 1:23PM jack51 said

i feel the same way about things; it had much hope, what a let down. as of right now i leave my pvp flag on 24/7. i hardly die and when i do its some guy near the bank and they are gone when i respawn. so lame, they need a hardcore server or something.

Posted: Mar 5th 2011 1:56PM Dblade said

I don't know why you wish for it Ed, we've had countless examples of what happens in other games. I don't think FE would survive it.

Posted: Mar 5th 2011 3:19PM DancingCow said

"I think that once you choose a faction in Fallen Earth, you should be flagged for PvP with all three of your hostile factions."

I don't think that's a bad idea, except that:

1) some conflict towns include special crafting recipes;

2) some players want to join a faction for RP / story purposes.

WoW Archivist: Epics