Posted: Mar 4th 2011 4:57PM Space Cobra said

Looking real good!

I am sure I am not alone for all the Bounty Hunter love! While I am an alt-a-holic, I can easily see this as my main class (and will try to stick to it, so I get up some levels!).

Posted: Mar 4th 2011 5:16PM Lateris said

I am with you on this space cobra- I can also see the massive amount of improvements with art and lighting. That BH ship looks awesome.

Posted: Mar 4th 2011 6:42PM RogueJedi86 said

Taral V is mid-game, not end-game. :P According to http://www.swtor.com/info/systems/flashpoints , the end-game one is Directive 7. "Endgame reveals" sounds more exciting than "midgame reveals" though.

Posted: Mar 5th 2011 6:43PM claytondora said

I am a fan of swtor and think the bounty hunter class is legit, but the armors for some of the bounty hunter class, and most of the trooper armors highly resemble the boba fett/republic commando paradigm. This is supposed to be thousands of years in the past, you'd think maybe there would be different aesthetic choices from characters popular in the movies...

Posted: Mar 5th 2011 7:47PM Space Cobra said

@claytondora

That has always bothered me. Unfortunately, it is "branding". Much like Paramount having two nacelles on every Earth spaceship (even the Space Shuttle if they could!) and the use of Phasers and transporters immediately, so some of the slow-minded fans don't think, "It ain't Star Trek without Phasers, Transporters, and 2 Nacelle ships!"

The way things are set up in KOTOR and pre-KOTOR, their cavemen found dinosaurs made of electric lightsabers and started using those to hunt while taming wild droids for domestication that stay fairly consistent in look/style over the millenia! :P

Really, the thing I do is just try to ignore it, logic fallacy that it is, and just enjoy the world/theme/stories.

Posted: Mar 8th 2011 10:22PM Space Cobra said

@jslim419

While that is true (blenders), there are just too many of the same things and not enough neat variations. Really, I would have liked to see an evolution of light-sabers, from sticks to steel to things using fire et al. That would make the whole universe more deeper and richer than just "Here's the same light sabre design we've seen for the past 30,000 years or so.

I am all for stagnation, but I'd like to see how things developed and really, at some point, I'd like to some item/fashion evolution in 1,000 year's time (and these ARE time spans set in the Star Wars universe). I also can like tech spurts, but seeing the "printed format" and then the differences of the 2 trilogies just makes me shake my head. We get tech and fashion differences in a relatively short time span in the movies but not elsewhere? Too many writers are playing it "safe".

One Shots: The sacred bosom dance