Posted: Mar 4th 2011 5:33PM Zyrusticae said

Don't get your hopes too high! They're doing it in order of application completion, so if it got it in late you'll be one of the last to get in.

Right now they're sitting at 10,000 applicants admitted. Out of 150k, that's not much. I've still got some waitin' to do, as does fourteen out of fifteen of those who submitted!

Posted: Mar 4th 2011 5:45PM Apakal said

@Zyrusticae
Really? So the West Coast all just collectively got their applications in ahead of everyone else?

Or do you really have no idea what you're talking about?

Uhuh...

Posted: Mar 4th 2011 9:48PM Zyrusticae said

@Apakal

Might wanna take a look at the blog.

"So two hours ago we enabled another 5,000 accounts to access the game and the closed beta and the notifications are on their way to the users. This time it was done on a first-completed-application basis."

I was talking specifically about this wave, not the first two. Just giving people a heads-up.

Posted: Mar 4th 2011 6:18PM Chapstarr said

They should be choosing at random... It took me three days to complete my application because of "unexpected errors"

Posted: Mar 4th 2011 6:44PM paterah said

From the video it looks like cars are still handling like boats...If it's true, I hope everyone who got in gives feedback about that.

Posted: Mar 4th 2011 7:41PM Danteeeee said

@paterah In the sea of city life in San Paro, with the waves of hostility crashing around you, a boat is an appropriate way of being transported.

Deep stuff man. \:3

Posted: Mar 4th 2011 8:08PM Macabre 13 said

@paterah

I, for one, absolutely loved the driving physics of APB.

Sure, they weren't exactly realistic, but I thought it felt great and created countless moments of intensity and chaos.

There were certainly a few gripes I had, like the 1st gear action of the Jericho, and how light the Kurai felt, but other than a few minor tweaks I wouldn't change much.

Whatever they do, I'll adapt and I'm sure I'll love it all over again, can't wait!

Posted: Mar 8th 2011 6:08AM Snichy said

@Macabre 13, on the contrary I thought the driving and handling were more realistic than some. Cars actually dont handle and turn corners like they're on rails and the game did a good a job of representing that. I also liked the driving mechanics of the opriginal APB but hopefully they will get the balance of realism and fun right!

Posted: Mar 4th 2011 10:51PM Quarlo said

According to the DevBlog the second round of beta invites would give priority to former players. /fingerscrossed.

Posted: Mar 5th 2011 2:18AM bobfish said

Got my invite, but the downloader isn't working :(