Posted: Mar 3rd 2011 8:07AM Snichy said

Sounds good in theory, but I think I would get tired of it and prefer my good ol' mouse and keyboard. Bought a PS Move last year when it first came out - havent even used it!

Posted: Mar 3rd 2011 8:50AM koehler83 said

• Half a heart
@Snichy Ugh.. people like you embarrass me.

"It will never work! I should know! I've never used it!"

Listen to yourself.

Posted: Mar 3rd 2011 9:04AM Snichy said

@koehler83. Seek help, your anger issues (and lack of reading comprehension) will get you in trouble one day as the anonymity of the internet wont protect you forever.

Posted: Mar 3rd 2011 12:36PM Integral said

@koehler83

Haha wow man. Way to take him out of context. His post didn't sound angry or prideful. Sorry man.

Posted: Mar 3rd 2011 8:07AM Grumms said

Absolutely not.

Posted: Mar 3rd 2011 8:14AM Duulin said

It would certainly make RP under the Deeprun Tram more interesting...

Posted: Mar 3rd 2011 8:25AM Icemasta said

Hell no. If I want to wiggle around for a whole evening, I'll just go to a bar.

I've never really bought into the whole motion sensor thing... I tried a couple on the Wii, No more Heroes 1 & 2 for instance, and while they were fun, they're kinda meh. I mean sure it's fun to swing a sword around for 5 minutes, but then it gets boring. I'd rather sit back and enjoy a game with as controller.

But I guess this technology is awesome for paranoid parents who don't want their children playing outside. The sport simulators are pretty decent, but I'd play the real sport over the simulator any time of the day and it would probably be cheaper in the long run.

Posted: Mar 3rd 2011 8:27AM Anciegher said

It's not worth it until it gets better.

Make a full immersion VR environment and I would see motion controls working quite well, but tacking it on on existing MMOs would be a total failure.

Posted: Mar 3rd 2011 1:25PM PaterFrog said

@Anciegher That's both a yes and a no. I indeed can't see full body control to be effective, but if you could use stuff like data gloves, so instead of just moving your fingers, mover your arm from elbow down. That could be much more fun and doesn't force you to stay further than 50 - 100 cm from the screen. Maybe add in voice commands.

Posted: Mar 3rd 2011 8:27AM koehler83 said

Sure, if it were designed from the ground up using motion control and happened to be fun.

Posted: Mar 3rd 2011 8:27AM goatfoam said

For an MMO with the bog standard UIs and gameplay mechanics we've seen roll out across the board in the last 10 years? No, I wouldn't bother.

I do, however, spend a fair amount of time on our Kinect (still, after three months) and enjoy it. So if somebody came up with a game that was designed around the technology then I'd certainly check it out.

Posted: Mar 3rd 2011 8:41AM Scuffles said

Probably not unless it was spectacular.

Looking at how your standard PC MMO is operated with a keyboard full of quick buttons, Macros etc. There is just no way current motion controls could compete with that....

I can barley imagine the frustration and whining on the forums of this imaginary future MMO. Missed or misread gestures, the lag between what you did and the computer processing what you did. It certainly couldn't be part of a PVP based MMO any time soon.

You might be able to slap it into a PvE MMO in the not too distant future but it would probably be haphazard at best.

tl:dr
Immediate future, hell no
possible long term future, definite maybe

Posted: Mar 3rd 2011 8:56AM Lorell said

I can imagine, how you will be tired after few hours or moving your arms around...

Posted: Mar 3rd 2011 9:07AM Aganazer said

@Lorell
It might be good for the exercise, but not for full time use.

Posted: Mar 3rd 2011 9:03AM Darkshore said

I approve of this. Might be difficult at first and hard to perfect but it would definitely improve the overall health of our population. I mean it may be a stereo-type that all gamers are overweight and lazy, but that does come from somewhere and there are quite a few that are. Workout while playing a cool mmo and swinging a sword? Sign me up.

Posted: Mar 3rd 2011 9:20AM derrcase said

No thanks. Because of the nature of nearly all mmos, it would be 95% running in place.

Posted: Mar 3rd 2011 9:31AM Scarecrowe said

I doubt they will have any decent motion sensitivity for another 20 years. What they have now doesn't really interest me.

Posted: Mar 3rd 2011 9:37AM Dumac said

I'd give it a whirl if it was something you couldn't do with a mouse and keyboard or a gamepad, like motion sensed /dance for your character ... otherwise i don't see the point and the novelty would were off sooner or later.

Posted: Mar 3rd 2011 9:39AM Dumac said

@Dumac
*wear off ...
Oh and like the new post rating icons ^^

Posted: Mar 3rd 2011 9:40AM Lateris said

I think it can work for the end user to sit down and use their hands and arms only

WoW Archivist: A Glyphmas story