Posted: Mar 3rd 2011 7:31PM Averice said

So they're building the game for the 360, the MMO... which is roughly 4 years away. Won't we have a new xbox by then? I mean even by conservative estimates we should have a new xbox within a year or so after the release of this MMO. I wonder how they're planning for that.

Oh right, it's not an MMO, so I guess it doesn't have to have that long of a life. Well... that could probably work. They might start churning out sequels once a year it sounds like.

Posted: Mar 4th 2011 12:03AM HokieKC said

@Averice - No he said he didn't want to go four years without making the MMO. Undead Labs was officially announced in Nov. 2009. So expect Class3 in early 2012 and Class4 no later than Q4 2013 (based on his remarkes).

Posted: Mar 3rd 2011 11:17PM FrostPaw said

Next Gen Consoles are planned for 2013 according to some articles.

I was reading this until I saw "We're really targeting console platform players" Then I just stopped bothering. I don't own or plan on buying a console.

Posted: Mar 4th 2011 4:01AM Skyydragonn said

@FrostPaw
I dont know where you get your info from but Sony has pretty much stated that they will not be releasing a new playstation console for at least 5 years. They expect the PS3's lifespan to be longer than that of the original PS1, which in terms of hardware was pretty long. Almost a decade inofitself IIRC?

Posted: Mar 4th 2011 10:24AM FrostPaw said

@Skyydragonn

If a new console replacing the Xbox 360 came out in 2013 it would be 8 years since it was first launched. 7 if it was an update to the PS3. My source is a guy who gets paid to make those predictions, if you think you know better good for you he must be wrong.

Posted: Mar 4th 2011 2:58PM HokieKC said

@FrostPaw - Those predictions were made in May, 2009. And where is the HD Wii that was predicted to come out in 2010 (according to that article)?

Posted: Mar 3rd 2011 11:57PM HokieKC said

Both games sound awesome! Can't wait!

Posted: Mar 4th 2011 8:14AM Tom in VA said

Maybe it's just me, but this interview seemed awfully ... uninformative. *shrugs*

Posted: Mar 7th 2011 2:21AM DancingCow said

Everything they've told us about this game makes me drool.

I've never owned a console but would buy one to play this..... but not if they end up using a microtransaction based model. Not my cup of tea.

I do like the idea of them developing these 2 games simultaneously. Sounds like a good approach.

MMO Week in Review: Are you Elite or Dangerous?

Posted on Dec 21st 2014 8:00PM