Posted: Mar 3rd 2011 1:04PM Pingles said

Even after leaving this game I kept it installed on my machine, hoping and praying they would make changes like these.

Unfortunately I uninstalled a few weeks ago but these changes are enough where I intend to support them. I'll throw them a few bucks to thank them for it.

Back to the download page! Stat!

Posted: Mar 3rd 2011 1:19PM Daemodand said

Pingles have ridges!

Posted: Mar 3rd 2011 2:07PM Pingles said

@Daemodand

The advertisers at Ruffles are furious at you!

Posted: Mar 3rd 2011 2:04PM Tinkus said

I am SO tempted to return to the game... After I get my fill of DDO, perhaps.

Posted: Mar 3rd 2011 2:12PM PrimeSynergy said

Meh, I said I would never try this game again, but they seem to be really trying so sure...why not?

Also, this game still looks freaking gorgeous. Not in the sense of the raw horsepower of the graphics, but in the art direction.

Posted: Mar 3rd 2011 3:18PM Gaugamela said

This is great news and sure got me tempted but with Rift on the door and considering that I dno't trust in Gpotato and mail.ru I think i'll skip this.

Posted: Mar 3rd 2011 3:38PM Gaugamela said

This game has some seriously gorgeous art direction!
Man I wish they followed a freemium model. :(

Posted: Mar 3rd 2011 4:18PM Kalec said

Agreed, I don't know who the art director is, but that guys should right a book, and make 3-4 more mmos, like NOW!

Graphics aren't everything, but besides the huge potential of the game, I can't log into any other mmo without feeling nostalgic about Allods.

Just tried to get into Forsaken World, but I can't. First of all it's a bit too asian for my liking, but second and most important of all ... it reminds me of allods :)

Allods gameplay with more quests and Forsaken World cash shop /daydream

Posted: Mar 3rd 2011 4:54PM Utakata said

@Kalec

I think it's been mentioned before...they use a similar engine to WoW. I will say that Allods art assets seem to be if as good if not better than WoW currently (sorry to rain your parade Samwise and Metson). Perhaps being a newer game they've got around some of the brute force polygon renderings that still plagues WoW today. It's still there with Allods, but not as obvious...and is outshined by the spectacular.

It's too bad they horribley screwed up with the pricing model. This was supposed to be the poster child of F2P''s...but ended up reperesenting the very worst of F2P schemes. Maybe once they give their model revision to something far more resonable as they seem to be doing, I will be taking an interest in the game again and perhaps try out in the future...least to expereince its art assets.

Posted: Mar 3rd 2011 4:27PM Anique said

• 1 heart
You guys forgot to mention the rune curse coming up next patch. P2W it will remain.

Posted: Mar 3rd 2011 4:51PM zgomot said

@Anique

Source please!

Posted: Mar 3rd 2011 4:54PM Anique said

• Half a heart
@zgomot Find the info urself bud. Not ur personal slave. I'll give u a pointer. translate allods.ru to english and browse the forums for patch notes.

Posted: Mar 3rd 2011 6:04PM Utakata said

@Anique

No you're not zgomot's personal slave. But the onus of proof is on the person making the claim. And not on the person asking to back up the claim.

So if you could do us all the favor and provide the source to enlighten us, it will be aprreciated. Or risk being labelled as a troll...unless you're comfortable with that. Just saying.

Posted: Mar 3rd 2011 9:25PM Doran7 said

I used to like playing this game as it is one of the better free to play offerings out there.. but they changed the launcher to require IE8 to install the patches.. and I can't run that on my machines.. some have older OS's .. but even the newer ones don't have the resources to handle IE8.. so I had to uninstall.

Posted: Mar 4th 2011 2:32AM beqerel said

i am still in rage after they ruined game before so no thx.
RIFT awaits

Posted: Mar 4th 2011 5:51AM Graill440 said

Just being launched? Wow, i thought this thing launched and fell back to the pad and crashed.

MMO Week in Review: Happy New Year!

Posted on Dec 28th 2014 8:00PM