Posted: Mar 3rd 2011 1:16PM (Unverified) said

I played STO at launch, and quit for a long time. I recently came back, and have been impressed with all the improvements to this game. Playing through the featured episode (especially the "Cloaked Intentions" story) has become something I look forward to every week.

Posted: Mar 3rd 2011 1:26PM Lateris said

I am a fan of sci fi games so I am wishing good things for this game. From what I am reading this looks like a good direction for this game. In fact I love it. Indeed I will come back in a few months for the long-awaited Foundry system after I get my projects done. I think STO finally has the right person at the helm for the live version of the game. I remember when Dead Meat did the same for SWG.

Posted: Mar 3rd 2011 1:56PM TheDozarian said

I've spent a great deal of time in space-related MMO's. I left STO like so many others and recently returned. I've found that the game is tons more fun now. Even the episodic content prior to this season was great.

But this new season has been incredible. I've enjoyed every step of it and you're exactly right: if they keep this level of quality, well, there's more subs coming.

My favorite thing about the new episode, however, was the fan service. During the initial run into the arena, if you listen, the background music is the same as the fight scene from the TOS episode that introduced us old people to the lirpa... It had to be there and it was. Excellent job, Cryptic!

Posted: Mar 3rd 2011 2:03PM StClair said

I'm looking forward to the Foundry (finally) going live. I just hope that it can somehow avoid the many flaws that have left City of Heroes' Mission Architect system moribund except for the farmers: terrible display/search interface, a rating system that doesn't work (even before you factor in the downvote gangs), developer neglect post-launch, and of course, all of the cheap cookie-cutter farm missions glutting the list, most of which no longer work since the bugs they exploited were fixed.

Posted: Mar 3rd 2011 2:14PM dudes said

"He's dead, Jim."

Posted: Mar 3rd 2011 2:16PM NeoWolfen said

With regard to the Hidden Weapon rack,

the devs confirmed that Actually it is ANY weapon rack from the two prison rooms except the ones you first got your white quality melee weapon from.

If you check the racks during the stage against the worms where you free the prisoners you will get a random melee weapon which is green or blue quality.

It isnt just one specific rack.

Posted: Mar 3rd 2011 2:16PM Controlled Chaos said

That picture in the title there, the Prometheus, originally when I looked through the STO stuff, it said it couldn't actually split into all of the pieces. Is it able to actually do that now?

Posted: Mar 3rd 2011 4:05PM StClair said

@Controlled Chaos: They're working on it. The latest attempt is on the test server right now.

Posted: Mar 3rd 2011 2:32PM cowboyhugbees said

I'm really getting excited for Season 4. Obviously, the ground combat update is a huge deal, but the minor things (like running animation remodels) are going to make a huge difference.

Posted: Mar 3rd 2011 2:35PM Ocho said

Cheers to STO! A while ago when they announced the new featured series, I decided to bite the bullet and go for the Lifetime. Honestly, I've been very happy with my purchase. The weekly episodes started it, but I REALLY enjoy the the progress thats been made and the direction where this game is going. With the addition of real "Star Trek" feeling episodes and the want of the development team to make every episode in the game like that, I can't wait. As for the Foundry, I may eventually try my hand at creating some episodes, but I'll really enjoy trying out others masterpieces.

Posted: Mar 3rd 2011 4:01PM Quarlo said

The Cloaked Intentions Featured Episode series has set new standards for the STO dev team.

A while back STO did a forum poll that asked 'do you want FE series' with only a week between episode arcs or do you want more time between series' for a better quality product?'

The players wanted better quality episodes,even at the expense of more time between series', and the devs did just that with this series.

When it comes to the Foundry they have done an incredible job of creating a suprising powerful tool that is (moderately) easy to use (with a little bit of practice). To compensate for the Klingons lack of PVE content, I - for one - am only going to make episodes for Klingon players. And I guarantee they are going to BLOW YOUR MIND!

/boom!

Posted: Mar 3rd 2011 8:53PM (Unverified) said

STO is an fantastic example of a game that goes from strength to strength! No one can deny that it began on shaky ground, but the developers have worked hard to listen to player base and implement features that are not only polished but relevant to both a casual audience and Trek fans.

I am very happy with the changes to the game both present and planned and can only find praise for Dan Stahl and the entire development team.

Posted: Mar 4th 2011 10:26AM Caerus said

I don't mean to be such a Negative Nancy here, but am I really the only person who isn't at all impressed with these Feature Episodes? Yes, they're new and shiny, yes the storylines are fresh, but I don't see what all the hubbub is about.

This last episode in particular, Coliseum, ugh. I don't know, I've always loved ST - I still watch reruns of TNG, VOY, and DS9 whenever they're on - but the ridiculous "arena" scenarios (where ___ new Trekspeak-technology has miraculously disabled every piece of advanced technology the away team has) struck me as absurd, and I felt like I was being asked to suspend my disbelief a little too much in a universe with /teleporters and aliens/.

As far as the story goes, I'm honestly confused about what everyone else is seeing. I felt far more involved and the story felt far more compelling with the Undine front missions, or similar sector-wide story arcs, than I have about any of the episodes so far. It seems like the stories in the episodes poorly straddle the line between "bite-sized chunks of fun" and "overarching storyline" - and it has so far utterly failed to draw me in. They're obviously drawing in a new big-bad, which is cool, and I'm glad everyone else is having a blast I guess. I just don't understand why.

Maybe it's just because I don't care about helpless crybaby aliens who can't or won't defend themselves, mixing drinks for floozies over and over again, or an incredibly unoriginal, one-dimensional race created solely for one of the worst ST movies I've seen.