Posted: Mar 2nd 2011 8:06PM Tizmah said

Why not just keep the exclamation mark on the map noting a quest giver. I always hate seeing symbols above NPCs.

Posted: Mar 3rd 2011 4:05AM Eamil said

@Tizmah Same difference really. I actually was a little more annoyed when they started showing the mark on the minimap in WoW on top of the floaty exclamation marks over questgivers' heads. It used to be fun stumbling on a questgiver tucked away in a little alcove somewhere you'd never have realized was there.

Posted: Mar 3rd 2011 11:32AM Tizmah said

@Eamil Right, because hidden quests would lose their value. Really, I'm just tired of the ! and ? signs. There are better ways.

Posted: Mar 3rd 2011 3:40PM saudrapsmann said

@Tizmah Well like what? I mean if you put in the marks on JUST the minimap you're going to get to an area with a large amount of NPCs and you'll have to talk to all of them to find out who has a quest, and fans including myself would just ask them to put in some sort of indicator.

Though I'd rather see it shift to being something next to their name, in a way like in FFXI when you had the exclamation point next to your name when you were looking for a party. I think that'd be more subtle.

Posted: Mar 2nd 2011 8:13PM extispex said

"As usual, there are minimum class and rank prerequisites, and the update promises that quest content will be unique in focus, implying that the tasks will not fall under the "kill X" formats of levequests."

The picture they show as an example on the announcement page is exactly a "kill x" quest.

Posted: Mar 2nd 2011 8:30PM saudrapsmann said

@extispex

I don't see anything that makes the claim Eliot put in the article. I'm sure there will still be kill quests, even if the example is just to show off how it will look more than what the quests will be like.

What I DO see is "The content of these endeavors vary greatly from one another, and we will continue to add further sidequests in future patches."

I don't mind the occasional filler kill quest, so long as it doesn't end up like WoW, so if they promise that it'll vary I'll believe them right now and see for myself tomorrow.

Posted: Mar 2nd 2011 10:34PM Naru now in 3D said

Looks like FF14 is on it's way to becoming a complete MMO! I'm rooting for it, hopefully it will be worth playing within the next two years...

Posted: Mar 2nd 2011 11:01PM Drunken Irish Sniper said

I hope the try to make these quests like the ones in Final Fantasy XI.
I want actual interesting stories that add depth to this shallow shallow game world.

Though the screenshot looks like a filler quest.

Posted: Mar 3rd 2011 12:59AM Transientmind said

Fix the damn UI already, THEN we'll talk.

It's like driving a leaky septic tank. I don't care if it goes faster now, it's still shit on wheels.

Posted: Mar 3rd 2011 11:31AM Tizmah said

Posted: Mar 3rd 2011 11:32AM Tizmah said

@Tizmah That wasn't to you Trans, misreply.