Posted: Mar 2nd 2011 3:28PM ShivanSwordsman said

Good lord, it appears that companies seem to be getting their brains back. Atlantica Online got rid of it's fatigue meter recently as well. I might actually check this game out again, I always found the lack of Auto-Attack to be a little disconcerting. Thank you gPotato for stepping up and ending some of your more questionable business practices.

Hopefully other companies will see this brave move and do the same. I'm looking at you, Nexon. You, your fatigue meters, and your Gachapon crap. Still, I suppose I could try this game out again at some point, if it isn't too much of a grind.

Posted: Mar 2nd 2011 3:29PM motorun said

I enjoyed the beta before the cash shop, and like so many others they blew it. Gpat closed my wallet quicker than I could have myself. I want to return but honestly I don't trust them. Investing time in an mmo takes trust that the devs wont ruin things a year down the road and that's a coin toss with these guys. I wouldn't be surprised if they pull another idiotic money grabbing stunt in 6-12 months.

Posted: Mar 2nd 2011 6:52PM notinterested said

@motorun

I dont think they did it with the intention of screwing people over. Allods is not your typical f2p it had a HUGE budget behind it and i think they just went overboard trying to make that money back.

It cost 12 million to make the game which is insane by f2p standards.

I was one of the many ran off by the cash shop but i plan on trying it again this weekend and think others should as well.

Posted: Mar 3rd 2011 10:57AM Laguna said

@notinterested

You think people should try a game again that took 2years to make a necessary change? And then they didn't even adress the insane cs runes.

It's companies like gpotato that give f2p a bad name

Posted: Mar 2nd 2011 3:38PM Ohhlaawd said

We're going to make the item free... but we aren't getting rid of it because we'd like you to browse the cash shop while you're there.

Posted: Mar 2nd 2011 3:46PM Scuffles said

@Ohhlaawd Its probably more like the actual devs of the game are not willing to remove it because it works in other markets. But since most of what it does is drive customers away here all they can do is reduce the price to zero.

That or the dev's have decided to remove it but its going to take a few months to get the patch ready.

I honestly stopped paying attention to allods months ago

Posted: Mar 2nd 2011 3:39PM Scuffles said

damn I might have to give Allods another go, now that they seem to be shifting their cash shop from the stick to the carrot.

Posted: Mar 2nd 2011 3:50PM Plastic said

The right move, but I wonder if it's simply too late to have any meaningful impact on player numbers. There has been a lot of "F2P" competition pop up since Allods launched in NA/EU.

Posted: Mar 2nd 2011 4:16PM DancingCow said

@Plastic

Agreed.

Posted: Mar 2nd 2011 3:55PM DevilSei said

Well... it only took them what, 1 or 2 years? For them to FINALLY realize "Hey, this might not be such a good idea after all..."...

I might actually play now though, since I did actually enjoy the game enough to actually say "I think I'll play this over WoW", and mind you this was when WoW was still enjoyable for me...

yeah... 2 years sounds right...

Posted: Mar 2nd 2011 4:03PM SocksForYou said

I don't even want to bother (again) with a game that takes this long to make logical changes.

Posted: Mar 2nd 2011 4:03PM The Minn said

This game is still in beta?? I beta'd it like 2 years ago. I would go back but I play RIFT now and as far as F2P goes I would much rather stick with Vindictus or Lotro. Best of luck to them, though...the game was quite solid.

Posted: Mar 2nd 2011 4:04PM Jormaster said

This is verry good news! IF this is only the beginning. we will see the best F2P back on track. @motorrun i think they wont do that. They see that they can make money with Mounts and wings and other stuff. Volume 4 Here We Come!

Posted: Mar 2nd 2011 4:11PM Gaugamela said

Nice move but for me is too little too late.
How are the prices of bags and mounts in the game?

Furthermore, they completely murdered the trust I had in Gpotato and Astrum Nival so I won't be playing a game when I don't trust the developers/publishers. Who knows what stunt they'll pull in a couple of months?

Posted: Mar 2nd 2011 4:13PM Faction 3 said

I gotta say, I pretty much nailed the coffin shut on Allods, but this has me holding the claw-hammer and thinking...

Besides this, the ONLY thing keeping me from diving in is the ENORMOUS increase in XP and extraordinary Mob strength...

But its back on my table...

At least until GW2.

C'MOOOOOOOOOOON MESMER!!

Posted: Mar 2nd 2011 4:26PM Anique said

I say let the charms and incense remain in Cash Shop and remove the real deal breaker. runes->crystal chips.
lvl13 runes means $20,000 and there are ppl walking in the game with lvl10's and lvl11's which really messes up the pvp in the game. For instance, on Nezeb/League only one guild donminates the pvp area(Melting Isle) because everyone who gets high runes shifts to that guild. f2p dont even stand a chance. I've semi quit the game because of CS and abt 99% of the ppl who have quit the game have done it for the same reason. Sad cause i expected a lot from a game of this quality. CS ruined it.
Spilling the milk on the floor and asking us to lick it off the ground. no thx.

Posted: Mar 2nd 2011 4:30PM Anique said

meh

Posted: Mar 2nd 2011 4:38PM Anique said

@Anique I say that get the charms and incense back in the item shop and remove the 'real' p2w CS item (runes/crystal chips). lvl13 cost around $20000 . Yea thats right. And some players are walking around in lvl10's and lvl11's completely throwing the pvp balance out. In fact, the pvp area endgame (Melting Isle) is dominated by a single guild which recruits ppl with high rune lvl(Nezeb/League). The other guilds dont even bother cause u cant face a whole raid of p2w ppl. Im on semi quit mode myself until they fix this horible system. Sad to see cause the game had a lot of potential. They couldve even overtaken WoW's position, had the cash shop been done right. The result is apparent from he comments here. Lack of trust from the users.
They offer us milk and then throw it on the ground and ask us to lick it. No thx.
I dont even know whats the game's future anymore. With so much good upcoming f2p mmo's like c9,APB reloaded, Prius,and Age of Wulin. Allods has lost its best chance to take the top spot in f2p.

Posted: Mar 2nd 2011 4:47PM Pingles said

A spectacular game. I quit because of cash shop items and will gladly jump back in if this sticks.

But to be honest I'm gonna wait a bit. See how this shakes out.

Heck, I still have gPotatoes in my account I never spent.

Really is a tremendous game.

Posted: Mar 2nd 2011 4:58PM SkuzBukit said

Too little too late, I really enjoyed the game & even some of it's quirks but the way it ran as a business put me off for good.

A positive move that they should have made 18months ago, if all positive changes take that long this will be an awesome game in about 10 years from now..