Posted: Mar 2nd 2011 10:27PM (Unverified) said

My only gripe from the 5 mins I actually spent in the game before I uninstalled, afaik there is NO way to disable click-to-move. I had hoped gaming had moved beyond that.

Posted: Mar 3rd 2011 12:00AM Zantom said

@(Unverified)

Exactly my problem. Do us a favor Eastern devs, leave click-to-move to the Diablo titles and embrace WASD controls. Trust the users of the fork, we know what we are talking about ;)

Posted: Mar 6th 2011 9:25PM Skie said

@(Unverified)

Why is click to move so bad? o.O?

I find it's easy to get used to, and easy to use...

Posted: Mar 11th 2011 10:36PM Skyydragonn said

@(Unverified)
yep click to move killed it for me, right there. Guess I'll cancel that client download now. :/

Posted: Mar 2nd 2011 10:55PM Resurge said

hmm, moving release up to right up underneath RIFT's skirts? not real sure who decided that was a good idea. With all the buzz goin on with RIFT right now, who is even going to notice this?

Posted: Mar 2nd 2011 11:04PM notinterested said

@Resurge

Sub based MMOs and f2p tend to cater to vastly different demographics. This game will do just fine.

Besides in a month when everyone leaves Rift they will have somewhere to go.

Posted: Mar 12th 2011 4:44AM pid said

@notinterested The era of F2P is nearly over. Intelligent players start to realize that you spend more or waste time because F2P can be thoroughly enjoyed only if you spend something on them. That's a design choice because even F2P titles have to pay bills, and no F2P title really wants to be "free". So, when this marketing buzzword does not clinge anymore to the intelligent minds, you'll see that you can (A) waste time not paying anything playing really for free but not enjoying your time as much as you should or (B) pay and really enjoy the game, but at that point there's next to no difference between an F2P and a P2P marketing model. That said, I'd totally avoid from now on F2P titles because they are LOW-PROFILE fun, while HIGH-PROFILE still costs money and always will.

Posted: Mar 2nd 2011 11:03PM notinterested said

This game is FAR from ready. The engine is the most poorly coded engine i have EVER seen. 2500k @ 4.3GHZ, GTX 560ti, 8GB ram and i get 12 FPS on max. WTF PWE fix the broken engine. There are dozens of threads a day about the busted engine and this game keeps moving forward with NO fixes.

Also it should be noted that their idea of "launch" is open beta.

If they fix this busted engine this will probably end up being the best f2p MMO this year.

Posted: Mar 2nd 2011 11:36PM InkSix said

@notinterested

That's unfortunate. I've experienced no performance problems on highest settings.

Posted: Mar 3rd 2011 12:12AM Skie said

@notinterested

I have had no FPS issues at all. And I'm running Win 7 Ult with just 2gigs of RAM. (It's a long story....)

Posted: Mar 3rd 2011 2:29AM notinterested said

@InkSix

Lucky you. They are deleting the threads left and right but they are still littered with threads full of people that cant get this form to any sort of stable framerate on some high end machines.

It seems to mostly be centered around more recent high end machines. People with older hardware dont seem to have these troubles.

Posted: Mar 2nd 2011 11:35PM InkSix said

I'm so excited! I've been having so much fun in the closed betas!

Posted: Mar 3rd 2011 12:36AM Thorqemada said

You can move with WASD...also with Left Click...its easy to adapt to it.
Its a nice game, dont have any problems but a disconnect now and then, some nice minigames in it and quite cool Vampires :)
Graphic could have more brilliance but in the end it does not matter as its "good enough".
May spend soem time there til SWTOR and Secret World arrive...

Posted: Mar 3rd 2011 12:12PM InkSix said

I think between FW and APB:R I'll have my hands full from now on.

Unless TERA doesn't disappoint.