Posted: Mar 1st 2011 10:52AM (Unverified) said

Charging.... Clear!!.... ZAP..
There that should do it till the next patch.

Posted: Mar 1st 2011 10:53AM Dunraven said

I see RIFT as what WAR should have been, I tested these changes on PTR and honestly it really does nothing to the overall fun factor of the game.

I'm just glad the guys at Vigil has categorically said that 40K: DM will be nothing like WAR. This game had so much potential and so much atmosphere.....I was heart broken when it failed so miserably.

Posted: Mar 1st 2011 11:08AM archer75 said

@Dunraven Rift is a PvE game. Warhammer is a PvP game. Why should warhammer be a game type it was never supposed to be?

Rift has a whopping 4 warfronts and now it's a pvp game?

Posted: Mar 1st 2011 11:18AM OmegaDestroyer said

@Dunraven

About that. They are going to have an Order vs. Destruction scheme like WAR. That alone makes me worry.

Posted: Mar 1st 2011 11:57AM Hjordis said

@archer75 have you played Rift? Yes there is some good PvE but it is not a PvE game. There are warfronts that are similar to WARs scenarios, there are pvp levels, most of the land is contested by both sides in each side can attack the other's wardstones and now there is discussion of adding pvp lakes in the style of Daoc/WAR. If anything Rift stikes a balance between pve and pvp, imo.

Posted: Mar 1st 2011 12:07PM archer75 said

@Hjordis I have played it, yes. Only 4 warfronts at launch. I hear Port Scion was to be an open world PvP zone but I thought that didn't make it in at launch.
The rest of what you describe sounds like what the PvP servers are about. Are you saying that is on the PvE servers as well?

Posted: Mar 1st 2011 12:16PM kjhasdfjkhk said

• 1 heart
@OmegaDestroyer

Yeah, cause Warhammer was the first and only MMO with 2 factions. Oh wait...

Posted: Mar 1st 2011 1:40PM OmegaDestroyer said

@kjhasdfjkhk

What I meant was that instead of making it everyone vs everyone, which is how the WH40k universe is, they are going with 2 factions instead. I'm not really sure how you thought I was implying WAR was the first game to feature two factions.

Posted: Mar 1st 2011 5:03PM Vagrant Zero said

@Hjordis If you think Rift is a PVP centric title I have a talking ape in a post apocalyptic setting to sell you.

Scott Hartsman has been rather blunt about the fact that Rift is balanced around PVE. Considering Trion has large swaths of the EQ2/VSoHs team (both PVE centric games) this really shouldn't come as a shock to anyone.

Posted: Mar 1st 2011 10:56AM Taawa said

I'm skeptical these changes will help. They probably should have fixed and improved the stats on the old armor sets so lower levels can compete in Tier 4. But they didn't. So my Magus will have a crap ton of Willpower (mainly a healing stat) and little magic crit in her Warlord gear.

Posted: Mar 1st 2011 11:26AM hami83 said

Please please, if the subs are too low don't kill the game, just make it F2P with an shop.

EA seems pretty on the ball with new forms of digital content, unlike NCSoft who just killed Tabula Rasa...Grr.

Posted: Mar 1st 2011 11:48AM The Minn said

So they add new things when there are still a lot of buys in-game. And as far as scenarios go, they still have no idea which one to put in the game because they keep going back and forth....i beta'd the game and have played it on and off over the last 3 years to see if there is a chance. there isn't. make this F2P.

Posted: Mar 1st 2011 11:48AM The Minn said

@The Minn damn my fast typing!! in-game bugs. bah!!

Posted: Mar 1st 2011 4:40PM nevin said

Armour changes are good but even for double point release it's fairly light.

Will be interesting to see how Rift effects the sub numbers beyond the initial 30 days.

Posted: Mar 1st 2011 7:25PM Gand Alchemist said

Many people still playing this???