Posted: Feb 25th 2011 2:14PM Anique said

Recieved key. Gave details waiting for CB. No details abt date yet :/

Posted: Feb 25th 2011 2:18PM Evilgm said

"Congratulations, you have received your key to getting a beta key at a later date!"

Posted: Feb 25th 2011 2:21PM DeadlyAccurate said

Mine *was* in my spam filter, so thanks for mentioning that.

Posted: Feb 25th 2011 2:28PM Ratpack101 said

W00t! I got a key to apply for a key O.o

Posted: Feb 25th 2011 2:33PM paterah said

I got a key to apply...but...my god...they ask for a lot of info. They did say tho they expect the majority of those who apply to be invited.

Posted: Feb 25th 2011 4:15PM Saker said

@paterah
After filling in the intrusive amount of info they wanted one time, it then did some kind of re-load thing and wanted it all again... Nah sorry, one time was ridiculous enough, I almost expected them to want social security number, phone number, longitude/latitude of birth along with particulars of the planetary-alignments at moment of birth. etc...

Posted: Feb 25th 2011 5:40PM kasapina said

While I was perplexed by some of the info they wanted, this is not even coming close to the ridiculous question that many other games ask, for example address, zip code. Compared to those the questions asked were abstract enough - unlike some publishers which would be able to send you a real life snailmail with the info they get, GF doesn't even ask for your entire phone number.

Posted: Feb 25th 2011 5:52PM angrymatt said

@kasapina I think the zip code question relates to the average ping question, they want to have as much information regarding network speed and latency to the various regions they're hoping to cover as possible.

Posted: Feb 25th 2011 2:48PM Interitus said

It certainly was a bit of an odd system. Here is a key to sign up for beta good luck. Didn't I already sign up?

Posted: Feb 25th 2011 2:50PM Zyrusticae said

As a reminder, fill out everything honestly and don't try to fudge up the latency question or anything else, as they are looking to test a variety of hardware configurations and client locations. "Cheating" may actually decrease your chances of getting in.

See you folks in San Paro!

Posted: Feb 25th 2011 3:05PM Danteeeee said

People are complaining about this different way of signing up for a beta, yet I think we will find it filters out the trash somewhat. I think it only happened this way because they received ~150,000 applications and only set up for ~10,000

Posted: Feb 25th 2011 3:41PM Quarlo said

For all its flaws, there were times playing APB that I had more fun than I ever had playing any other video game EVER! Then you would get beat down by an obvious aimbotter and that fun would turn to ash in your mouth.

I hope this version of APB will fix those flaws and we can finally have the game it should have been.

Posted: Feb 25th 2011 5:54PM angrymatt said

@Quarlo Me and a clannie once coordinated sniper shots on two obvious botters. Watching them freak out over losing was awesome.

Posted: Feb 25th 2011 7:39PM (Unverified) said

Unfortunately the APB sign up page doesn't work. It won't either accept your DxDiag information or it will state your beta key has been registered. Tried IE8, Firefox, and Google Chrome and get the same error every time.

Posted: Feb 25th 2011 8:36PM badpenny said

worked fine for me, I hope I get the beta invite.

Posted: Feb 26th 2011 10:24AM Apakal said

It took all of 5 minutes to fill out their "application." I'm not really sure what people are complaining about. Most guild applications take longer.