Posted: Feb 24th 2011 7:46PM Soltanis said

judging from the video it looks like a good comprise of Pangya's wonderful art-style and shot online's simulation.

If it wasn't for other things on my plate I would give it a go, sadly it will have to go on the "to try" pile

Posted: Feb 24th 2011 8:24PM The Minn said

how can a golf game be an MMO ? if it involves you traveling the entire world to sleep with your 10223038230 girlfriends then...i understand that but please rename it "Tiger Online"

Posted: Feb 24th 2011 9:01PM Darkdust said

I'm trying to understand whether this is a paraphrased press release or if there's any actual meat here. I see nothing indicating it's an actual MMO besides the company claiming it is, nor anything other than a summary of their own announcement.

Disappointed.

Posted: Feb 24th 2011 10:42PM Slayblaze said

Alright, who at Massively will try this out and report back to us?

I would myself but I have waaay too many games on my plate also right now. It looks decent, Golf games are a lot of fun imo - I love the Hot Shots series and Tiger Woods series of course. This looks like a semi-serious semi-cartoony cross between the two. Interested also in what makes it an mmo as mentioned, it's gotta be more than just persistant stats and character customization because there are already non-mmo Golf games with online play.

Then again, just a FREE Golf game even if that's all there is to it wouldn't be half bad. As long as they get the Putting right as that makes or breaks Golf games afaic.

Posted: Feb 25th 2011 12:10AM Resurge said

this game was ok the first time, when it was called "Shot Online" ..barely an MMO, but a fun golf game with RPG lvling and gear type elements

Posted: Feb 25th 2011 3:51AM Minofan said

I've gotten too lazy (/fed up of accompanying security greyware) to blindly try F2P games now, but I'm curious enough to ask: anyone know if it has a single player mode?

I always felt Pangya was absolutley insane not to include a single player mode.

Posted: Feb 25th 2011 4:35AM (Unverified) said

@Minofan

I tried it, and I really like it. I personally like to play either alone, or the 10-on-10 Team Matches. So to answer your question: Yes, you can play alone as much as you like, but you get more XP playing with others.

Posted: Feb 25th 2011 11:25AM XOR said

my opinion ... this looks as fun as an MMO where you wash dishes by hand.

Posted: Feb 25th 2011 12:53PM Heraclea said

I want to see what their endgame raids are like.

Posted: Feb 25th 2011 4:33PM Space Cobra said

@Heraclea

... 00:46 into the video.