Posted: Feb 25th 2011 10:02PM (Unverified) said

@Frizz : serious question - in what way are quests "alot better done" in Rift than in WoW?

Posted: Feb 26th 2011 6:12PM Sharuk said

@Frizz Lacking content? Are you serious? Rift has so many more things to do while leveling compared to a MMO like WoW.

You can quest, craft, do dungeons, pvp in both. But in Rift you can take part in Rifts, Invasions, Full Zone invasions, foothold hunting AND summoning world bosses based on zone objectives.

Posted: Feb 25th 2011 9:49PM Nayyir said

This may be a bit of a throwback, but this Seinfeld clip is the first thing that popped into my head when I read that bit about the Warhammer subscription cancellation bug.

Posted: Feb 26th 2011 9:51AM Frizz said

More interaction with the world. Even though organizing quest items is annoying, they usually are also interesting. And when you turn in some item for investigation you're actually more involved in that. Also random quests gotten from certain monster drops, quests for exploration. A storyline that made sense from the start. Primary quests and side quests are more intertwined. It's all these little things that make it alot better imo. Still most quests were in the generic style however, which I don't like. Maybe I would've been more true to my opinion if I said that I find RIft's quest less crappier than WoW's quests. But I don't want to bash any game just because I don't think quests in that style are nice.
and TBH alot need to be fixed within some of the quests in RIFT.

Posted: Feb 27th 2011 7:54AM Frizz said

Lol I did do all that. I didn't just level, which i personally don't like to do really. I'm mostly an explorer type MMOer though I also want to do everything. I crafted my armor while questing and doing the events while questing, I did some PvP. I'm pretty sure if I kept going like I did I would've seen the whole MMO within two months. :P Considering I was playing a bit day to day at least 7 hours or so per day. I would say a good player would take 6 months to get through most of their favourite stuff. Plus after some time I didn't feel like doing another RIFT just because it's there.

Make My MMO: August 24 - August 30, 2014

Posted on Aug 30th 2014 6:00PM

PAX Prime 2014: ArcheAge is a go for launch!

Posted on Aug 30th 2014 5:00PM