Posted: Feb 21st 2011 11:10AM tk421242 said

Even with the issues this past weekend with the prelude the game is more stable and polished than some other recent 'launches' (looking at you earthrise!)

Also been very pleased with the level of communication from the devs about the issues all weekend with several posts being made saturday and sunday in regards to the progress. Adding an additional two weeks free time on top of the two months of free sub that I got for my pre-order was a good gesture too.

Aside from that, take a look at the game, not for everyone but pretty interesting mechanics for those that want a true sandbox title. The lack of any NPCs is a nice touch.

Posted: Feb 21st 2011 11:23AM Beau Hindman said

Just last night I was enjoying making clothes out of found bits of cloth and plastic. I found a great tribe and within minutes of joining they had given me some food and traded some stuff to me.

This is going to be good, I think.

Beau

Posted: Feb 21st 2011 2:27PM tk421242 said

@Beau Hindman

Who did you join up with? I was lucky enough to find Hopi on the forums while reading about the game the last few months and joined right up with them. Real helpful and supportive tribe with alot of knowledge already about the game and its mechanics.

The combat is not real tight yet, but I joined the game more for the crafting aspect than the pvp so thats not an issue for me.

Posted: Feb 21st 2011 3:46PM Beau Hindman said

@tk421242 Nomads of Xsyon. They're allies with Hopi -- but then someone told me in game that there is an "evil" Hopi and a good one. lol

These guys are great, though. With a good tribe this game can be a blast.

Beau

Posted: Feb 21st 2011 4:12PM tk421242 said

@Beau Hindman

I am familiar with Nomads. Good people too from what I have experienced. Yes there is in fact an Evil Hopi tribe right near our site, its actually kind of funny.

Xsyon has been an interesting experience for me as I am almost always a solo player in mmos, but went so far as to set up vent for this game since so much time is spent just harvesting and talking at this point. The Hopi tribe is pretty well organized too which has made the game easier to learn since it removes some of the frustration of trying to learn things on my own. I am sure I will still want to branch out and try a homestead at one point, but for now really enjoying the tribe. This is a title I think Massively should really do some more coverage of, considering how much you guys seem to like Wurm Online.

Posted: Feb 21st 2011 12:46PM markt50 said

This game somehow managed to fly under my radar until yesterday. I ended up reading a thread on another site about the troubles they were having, that lead me to the games official site and I was impressed with the honesty of the devs when they were up front about the fact that another 'wipe' was needed.

I ended up watching a few youtube vids and reading a bit more about the game and then stumped up the cash for a pre-order, I have no idea yet what it is like as I left it downloading overnight, but I'm looking forward to trying it and I figure £25 - £30 is nothing these days and I'm all for supporting these little indie games makers.

Posted: Feb 21st 2011 6:11PM xBludx said

I've been having a lot of fun in this game and there are a lot of tribes for all kinds of play styles. I cannot compare this game to any other in terms of how much fun it is to be involved with other players and all the things to see and do. So far, this seems to be the first real sandbox that I've experienced.

I never played UO, but after having played Darkfall and Mortal Online, I can they don't compare to Xsyon at all -- and I'm not criticizing those games as games, but just rating their "sandboxiness" so far.

The launch of Xsyon is not at all to be compared with what happened to Mortal Online. The communication and attitude with the developers cannot be compared to any other game.

I even got a personal email from Jordi Grau Davis on some questions I asked support about hardware issues.

This game is not for everyone, and that's a good thing. I recommend watching Saintbob's tutorial videos on Youtube. That should give you a good idea of whether you want to play this game or not.

Posted: Feb 21st 2011 6:52PM Pingles said

These are the most peculiarly positive posts I've ever seen on this site.

Going to investigate this game a bit more.

Posted: Feb 21st 2011 8:37PM Forger said

I am interested although I am going to give sometime after the release date before purchasing...The burns from my last launch day purchase haven't healed.

*looks at earthrise*

Posted: Feb 21st 2011 10:50PM real65rcncom said

If you got burned by Earthrise, let me sell you some prime real estate in Egypt.

There is no way any rational thinking person was looking at Earthrise before launch and thinking "this is gonna be great!".

Please stop blaming crappy games for getting your money when they already appeared supercrappy.

Posted: Feb 21st 2011 10:59PM Kaoss said

Is Xyson up atm or is it down? When's it expecting to go back up?

Posted: Feb 22nd 2011 12:04AM tk421242 said

As of an hour ago the server was still up and functioning. We are waiting on a migration to a new server and some issues are being worked on in that time that have caused lag spikes and up and down of the server, that not as much now as over the weekend.

Once the migration happens the game is going into what is called prelude which they claim will last 6 months or so and be player driven and the community will determine the path of the game thru that.

So server is up but another wipe is incoming soon that will reset alot of things, but its a good time to get in and play around with character builds and experience the game without any real penalty.

Posted: Feb 22nd 2011 12:26AM Kaoss said

@tk421242 awesome thanks

Posted: Feb 22nd 2011 1:39AM Rhazes said

Whats this game like?
I been wanting an MMO builder/crafter for a long time but they are always pvp and the games are never designed so that pvpers have anything to lose.

Does Xyson have groups of naked characters running around gangbanging everyone for loot? Risking nothing at all and getting rich in the process?

Now I love pvp, I just have a problem with there being no penalties for being an aggressor and running around like a mass murder 24/7.

Posted: Feb 22nd 2011 3:32AM xBludx said

Posted: Feb 22nd 2011 3:55AM Rhazes said

@xBludx

Didn't take long like third thread down in general forums is about nakeds currently running around ganking everyone they can and risking nothing.

Sandbox games are always the same crafters and immersive players lose everything while mass murders just get a red tag and respawn farther away.

Posted: Mar 7th 2011 5:24AM yoori said

@Rhazes
Naked ganking is a problem right now due to dmg calculation bug, low grade armor, and low skills.

Open PvP will be restricted by alignment system, death penalties(perm stat loss is probable).

Jordi wants to keep PvP in war system and keep open PvP as a flavour to give thrill to both sides.

Posted: Feb 22nd 2011 2:25AM Unverfied B said

I am currently back (again!) to WURM as my sandbox/crafting mmo, though i'm semi-interested in Xsyon as well.

Not planing to buy it until i can get some first hand experience of the game, i guess some trial option will pop up soon enough after release.

Posted: Feb 22nd 2011 3:27AM Kaoss said

@Unverfied B

the website says a trial is planned around release, so you won't have to wait too long