Posted: Feb 21st 2011 5:32PM Hockster said

• 1 heart
Yet another fail event. They just can't come up something not requiring millions of kinah for armor and dyes? Plus the times were just not terribly friendly for many people. At least Rift is only a week away. Last one out of Aion turn off the lights.

Posted: Feb 23rd 2011 2:30PM Sukiyaki said

@Hockster
Why would you care anyway?
You didnt play this game for almost half a year atleast i you ever played it at all, yet all you do is hate on it and slander about it on every related post you can find this sockpuppet account.

Posted: Feb 22nd 2011 1:10AM Naru now in 3D said

I had the same pleasantly surprised/hopeful reaction for this event too, though my subscription to Aion ran out just before the event started and I won't be returning to Atreia until after the semester ends.

It sounds like it wasn't perfect, but it should be a step in the right direction. Perhaps they'll refine it more with Season Two!

@Hockster, I don't know why you're complaining, it's ridiculously easy to make millions of kinah in Aion from crafting, questing, and the occasional lucky drop. The extremely distinctive, unique, and varied visual style of the armor and weapons in Aion is a huge draw for me and something that other MMOs sorely lack (Rift, for example.)

I played the Rift open beta extensively and I think it's a very well-done MMO and I hope it goes far. But it didn't change my plans to return to Aion in the slightest.

Aion may have a troubled history and continuing problems with idiotic botters, but it's really improved and I think it still has a lot to offer that other MMOs don't.

Posted: Feb 22nd 2011 12:52PM Addfwyn said

@Naru now in 3D I agree, one of the things that has a return to Aion on my radar was how much I enjoyed the visual style in the game: the environment, the style, the armour, everything just was very visually pleasing.

Rift looks great, don't get me wrong. But the style isn't there. The zone you spend all your time in up to 20ish is...just a very plain forest. There's no character customization really at all (graphically, of course souls provide it) to the point where I can't tell any two characters apart, even of different races.

Nothing against Rift, I enjoyed the beta, but the visuals and the exploration in MMOs is always a big draw for me (otherwise I play MUDs) and Aion really still wins there. Rift was technically well done, but seemed to lack that kinda style that even WoW has.

Posted: Feb 22nd 2011 9:59AM Krayzjoel said

A playbook form Coh/Cov that was ok. They need to work on fixing the rifting issues instead of having cute events though.

Posted: Feb 22nd 2011 6:27PM (Unverified) said

Admittedly I don't play Aion, but I wanted to point out that MMOs used to have GM-led content like this back in the day. I remember playing UO back before the days of EQ and GMs would effectively 'play' the high-level event mobs, or even Lord British for large-scale events. I remember leading an interrogation on the undead leader that was invading one of the UO cities, and actually getting some direct responses back.... To this day, probably the coolest MMO moment I've had. Wish we could see more like this, but I know the sheer size of the modern MMO player-base makes it difficult now...