Posted: Feb 21st 2011 12:23PM Integral said

I would like to see this game get the attention to game play it deserves. It really has a ton of potential. I played in the beta before the original doomed game went live. The game has glaring flaws and most of the dynamic missions were broken (you'd get pitted against 8 guys and they'd all have better gear, or the mission itself would be boring) But occasionally it would work well enough that you could see the original good intentions of the developers shine through. And in those moments it was very fun. It was GTA online with tons of little wars going on. It could be pretty thrilling to be in a car chase and drive through like 6 firefights before wrecking into a wall, ditching the car and getting pinned down in an ally and then heroically pushing your way out to make a drop objective. And then the game would screw it up by dumping 5 more guys on the enemy team. Or perhaps the game would lag or glitch and you'd be unable to complete an objective.

Posted: Feb 22nd 2011 2:00PM Luftwaffles said

@Integral

Don't forget the part where everyone was using aimbots. That sure was a barrel of fun...

Posted: Feb 22nd 2011 2:57PM Integral said

@Luftwaffles

hahaha I don't think I ran into much of that in the beta. But I only played it a few times and logged probably a total of 4 hours before I gave up.

Posted: Feb 21st 2011 12:35PM Snichy said

To clarify once again: the beta keys being sent out are not actually keys to access the beta and doesnt mean you have been successful in getting into beta, they are simply keys which enable you to apply for beta. If you get the email with a code, only then are you actually able to apply for it, until then you have only registered for it.

I predict hundreds of people getting the email with a beta code, getting excited and then raging that they cant find anywhere to download the client.

Seems a strange way of doing it to me (obviously done to drum up business for the game)

Posted: Feb 21st 2011 1:05PM Drannos said

"GamersFirst pledges to keep your email address, phone number, credit card number, and other valuable bits of data both secret and safe..."

I'm all for account security, but...really??? Is this really worth talking about? Shouldn't this be an expected part of any company offering a service? (And, yes, I realize there are no guarantees, even with the most security-minded company...)

It makes me a little concerned that they need to stat this explicitly...have they had problems in the past with security?

Posted: Feb 21st 2011 1:23PM static07 said

@Drannos It has been insinuated that GamerFirst had sold account details, just rumours and GamersFirst trying to rid them of aa bad image they don't deserve (hopefuly).

Posted: Feb 21st 2011 1:53PM Drannos said

@Drannos

Ah...understood! Thanks for the head's up!

(Though, in fairness, it doesn't matter the company or how much they promise account and information security...)

Posted: Feb 22nd 2011 5:45AM Snichy said

@Drannos; I thought this too but after having read the article, it wasnt like they were making a point of saying it would be secure (which obviously you would expect from everyone), it was just them confirming it as part of other features - perhaps the fact that Massively made a point of highlighting it gave it the wrong impression.