Posted: Feb 19th 2011 10:23AM Araxes said

EQ2 and WoW. I'm a simple kind of guy.

(PS Final fantasy IV -- or "II" as it was released stateside -- blew me away when I was all of 11 years old.)

Posted: Feb 19th 2011 11:00AM Carolina said

EQ2 and Rift beta. Might log in WoW, just to check my friends, tired of the game itself.

As a special NPC... Final Fantasy "IV" was to me also the first time the story made play a game.

But I will name my special NPC "The Butcher" from the first Diablo game. I remember me and my sister, two girls checking the Diablo demonstration, cautious around a dark dungeon, and then we jump as we open that door and he yelled "FRESH MEAT!". The little rogue died, but we went back for revenge!

Posted: Feb 19th 2011 11:06AM cowboyhugbees said

FFVI is the greatest game ever. It is the reason I still play games today. Thank you for giving it some respect.

Posted: Feb 19th 2011 11:34AM (Unverified) said

Supposedly FFVI is getting a 3D remake on 3DS sometime if not already on the DSi

Posted: Feb 19th 2011 12:59PM hami83 said

@(Unverified) The game deserves an HD remake with the character and world art in lines with what Yoshitaka Amano did for the original and manual.

If I could pop in the 360 or PS3 FFVI and see Terra walking across the snow with that Magitek Armor in the artstyle of the original manual, I would die a very happy happy little man.

Posted: Feb 19th 2011 12:50PM Irem said

Jaina fangirls unite! :D

Posted: Feb 19th 2011 4:18PM Yoh said

I'm curious as to why the question 'what is your favorite NPC?', turned into 'what is your favorite MMO NPC?'.

Has none of these people every played a single player RPG in their life?
In my experience I really haven't found to many MMO NPC's worth giving a shit about, usually due to the total lack of storytelling and narrative, and hence character development of any kind.
(maybe with the exception to Gwen)

One of my favorites is Aigis, from Persona 3.
A robot chick who learns what it means to be human, as well as learning to love, even if she is a machine.
That's a character with depth.

Posted: Feb 19th 2011 8:21PM Eliot Lefebvre said

@Yoh Well, we are a site all about MMOs.

Aigis isn't really an NPC, to be fair - she's in your party, and in P3P you get full control of her. Ditto for Metis, although most people (myself included) would just as soon forget that the Answer ever happened.

Posted: Feb 19th 2011 9:20PM Yoh said

@Eliot Lefebvre Well, I suppose that's true, but then one of them answered Gwen or Livia and their technically not an NPC either.

It makes it a fair bit more difficult with just non player characters, as there really are not many that tend to get much in the way of character development, well, other then villains that is.
I just used the loosened term to apply to any character other then the main character, which everyone seemed to be doing.

Posted: Feb 19th 2011 10:45PM (Unverified) said

@Yoh

LOTRO's Book 1 has several characters that you can easily get attached to as long as you don't spend so much time in between quests. Especially near the end of that book there are several characters created by the LOTRO team that isn't in the books that are very well done. I can't really name them as its potentially a spoiler.

Posted: Feb 19th 2011 5:50PM VioletArrows said

Little Big Planet 1/2, still waffling on RIFT, maybe after all the crowds have died down.

Am I the only one that tends to swap RIFT and TERA around when reading them?

Posted: Feb 19th 2011 9:24PM blueimpact said

My name is Gato.

I have metal joints.

Beat me up

And earn fifteen silver points!

Posted: Feb 20th 2011 7:47AM (Unverified) said

Back when TR still ran there was one memorable NPC that always brightened your day and made you have the same sentiment towards the bane Not sure if he ever had an actual name but he would always Yell out
"Taste the Rainbow *****!"

Posted: Feb 20th 2011 10:01AM Rialle said

Mainly WoW this weekend, but I can't wait for the RIFT head start to begin. :)

I spent countless hours playing FF4, FF6, and Chrono Trigger back in the day. FF4 is my favorite, however. I've played every re-release that's been made available, and even have a sealed copy of FF4 DS sitting around for posterity.

The Stream Team: Where the WildStar things are