Posted: Feb 18th 2011 7:44PM Plastic said

According to GM Swag on the forums, people are misunderstanding how a third class will be implemented. You will not have two primary and one secondary class like this article suggests. Instead, you will have three classes to choose from to use in your traditional primary/secondary set-up, just like the Asian servers have had for years.

Posted: Feb 19th 2011 4:50AM DancingCow said

@Plastic

That's not quite as exciting as what the article suggests, but still a good change IMO.

I've always liked RoM's dual-class system. Only reason I don't play the game is it's "free" to play.

Posted: Feb 18th 2011 7:59PM ShivanSwordsman said

Sounds like an excellent system, I kinda of wish I was still playing this game. I kind of wonder why you can't just do all the classes on one character... probably so people have to roll alts and buy more item mall gear for them. But still, this IS pretty sweet. I might have to reinstall so I can grab Mage on my Rogue/Priest

Posted: Feb 18th 2011 8:57PM Jaimie said

That was just Swag speculating on how the triple class system would work. On the forums he admitted that he may have misinterpreted it as triple class already exists on other versions of the game and is essentially the same as it is now (Choose your primary from 3 classes, then choose your secondary from the remaining 2 classes).

Posted: Feb 18th 2011 9:42PM m0rpheu2 said

Might as well play Rift at this point.

Posted: Feb 18th 2011 9:59PM (Unverified) said

Rift has 3 classes AND you can play them at once

Posted: Feb 19th 2011 12:04AM drsinister said

@(Unverified)

Actually Rift has 4 Callings (classes) and 9 Souls in each Calling (counting the PvP soul). Which you can any combo of 3 souls to make up the Calling. Which also you can have 4 roles. This means you can have 4 different 3 soul combination to choose from and they all are changeable on the fly.

Granted this is still different from RoM way of their speccing. But I just wanted to clarify it more on Rift's side.

Posted: Feb 18th 2011 10:45PM Joshua Przygocki said

Rifts of Magic?

Posted: Feb 18th 2011 10:57PM Tinkus said

For a second, I was going to install this again. Glad to know I won't have to use the space.

Posted: Feb 19th 2011 3:52AM BGExorcist said

Essentialy, as in Rift, most of the combinations are not worth investing into. Mage was best with priest as secondary, Scout as warrior or rogue etc.
I just made the iWin combination in Rift yesterday. The forums were right.. lwas lvl 11 and toping the damage dealt, even with the buff you get, its a bit absurd. Totaly broken classes a week before launch.

Posted: Feb 19th 2011 5:46AM Dril said

@BGExorcist

Totally broken classes at level 11 are something major to worry about imo. Every other games has been totally balanced at every level.

/sarcasm off

Posted: Feb 19th 2011 1:35PM BGExorcist said

@Dril
I red on the forum of this combination, that scales the absudrness to max lvl for beta (42) - the pics posted by someone were of the same combination owning him in 2 hits. I wonder if someone gets frustrated at a lower level, wil he quit before even making it to the end game? If the lower level stuff is so trivial, why does it even exist? Let people make characters 50 lvl at start then.

Sorry to say but I thought healing kills the game. At least now I know what was the warior ranged spammer that amazed me in one warfront - so this is totaly gamebreaking aswell, the one of the two used classes has bugged skills.
On a positive note, something about leaked patch notes hinted they are looking into these souls as we speak :)

Posted: Feb 19th 2011 7:10PM Joshua Przygocki said

@BGExorcist Well lets hope Trion isn't stupid enough to listen to the morons whining "He is OP because he killed me!!!"

Lets also hope that Trion doesn't look at just the PvP side of the game when balancing. Also, the best build in Rift is the build your best with.

Posted: Feb 19th 2011 8:33AM RizzRustbolt said

3 classes?

It's official, RoM is now the grindiest game in the entire grindoverse.

Posted: Feb 19th 2011 9:58AM hami83 said

@RizzRustbolt How so? I think it's actually less grind to have a system where one character can be multiple classes as opposed to having to roll a new class every time ala WoW or other more traditional MMOs.

This is less of a grind because all money, some skills and ability to "twink" your toon.

Obviously the best system in my eyes is a system where you can be ALL classes with one character like FFXIV or something.

Posted: Feb 19th 2011 1:38PM BGExorcist said

@hami83
You do realize you level them separately? And the synergy skills between classes were not well balanced when i played the game, dont know if this has changed. Some were not even working properly.

Posted: Feb 19th 2011 9:02AM PaperStab said

Triple the class, triple the balancing nightmare.

The Stream Team: Adios, Elite: Dangerous