Posted: Feb 18th 2011 4:01PM BoundingDeer said

I started playing Diablo 2 again a little while ago. This looks like it would be a good distraction during downtime from my D&D/NWN sessions. I've got a few buddies who I used to play Diablo with all the time.

Nice article Beau, as always.

-Colton

Posted: Feb 18th 2011 6:49PM blucynder said

I am also in the beta for this game. The beginning area glitch is not just you. I had the exact same issue but all I did was log out and back in and I was in the town proper. Yeah I agree, as far as the community goes pretty dead but that is often the case in these things. I find the attack distance strange. Often I am not visually hitting them but I still do damage. Great game if you want some Diablo style in-browser action for on the go or a lunch break at work ;). Not recommended for a dedicated sit down at this point.

Posted: Feb 18th 2011 7:40PM Tantabobo said

It's a reported bug, the rune is counted as a potion and as such can only be used while in combat.

Posted: Feb 18th 2011 7:40PM Coldbrand said

They need to make attacking monsters feel more fluid. Right now it feels extremely janky and clunky, until they get in that diablo smoothness, I'm not interested. Also, characters are ugly and limited in terms of appearance.

Posted: Feb 18th 2011 9:48PM Averice said

Ah nothin like clones of the great diablo 2 mmo. Though really at this point, if that's what you're looking for, you're better off just playing a modded version of diablo 2. I'm wondering when massively will start covering CoD?

Huh, technically I guess diablo 1 was an MMO also. Since these days a persistent character and having access to multiplayer = mmo. I used to jump in the multiplayer in diablo 2 and just play it solo in order to use the separate rule sets once I got bored with the single player rule sets, good times.

And lol, Beau playing as a handsome blonde, just doesn't look like something he'd normally do. This game doesn't look that appealing to me, I'll keep waiting... and waiting... and waiting... for d3. Nice preview though.

Posted: Feb 19th 2011 4:41AM BGExorcist said

@Averice
Because you have a preset character model for the Defence type hero. I did get the potion glitch, but after i logged off the game didnt load. Nor did it the day after. Got to try and throw my internet cookies away or something...

Posted: Feb 19th 2011 5:22AM bobfish said

Beau, after playing this you now HAVE to play Gunshine.net and do the first impressions of that.

Posted: Feb 19th 2011 8:25AM Beau Hindman said

@bobfish Gunshine? Hmmm never heard of that, thanks!

Beau