Posted: Feb 17th 2011 5:58PM ShivanSwordsman said

I loved this game, but gave it up when I found out certain UPCs couldn't be gained without items from the cash shop, pretty much unbalancing the game instantly. They also took out the auto defense system, making it manual (tap space bar).

I still hold hope they'll eventually take the cash shop item need from the UPCs. I'm not talking about Battle Cook Idge or those others by the way, I'm talking about characters like Soso who need "Mysterious Powders" and such to be gained.

Posted: Feb 17th 2011 6:27PM Caladbolg said

@ShivanSwordsman Actually the highest end UPC that were just released with this update (Catherine Torche and Valeria) are both free. The game did become very CS dependent for a while, but it seems that IMC has shifted back toward free items. Especially with the use of shiny crystals to promote characters.

Posted: Feb 17th 2011 6:48PM jmerriex said

@ShivanSwordsman Basically what Caladbolg said. the majority of UPCs are free now (even the best ones).

Posted: Feb 17th 2011 7:04PM ShivanSwordsman said

@jmerriex

... Really? I might actually check into this then. Achievement systems make my eyebrows wiggle, but hearing a company has moved away from a Pay To Win formula makes me to the Charleston.

Posted: Feb 17th 2011 6:46PM PrimeSynergy said

Ugh, I might relunctantly jump back into this game. I miss me ol' BS Idge and Pirate Adelina. They cost me a hefty sum of gold in the old days, but they were worth it.

Posted: Feb 17th 2011 6:48PM jmerriex said

@PrimeSynergy join us... join us... join us... LOL

Posted: Feb 17th 2011 7:18PM PrimeSynergy said

@jmerriex you make a compelling argument lol...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, in about 6 months I'm going to regret this as I sit next to a pile of G1 Coin cards at 4 in the morning yelling at my monitor because some dude with 3 Grenmahs keeps steamrolling me.

It'll be a hell of time though. I remember grinding for the drops to get Claire when she was first released. It took me with a full party about 3 days of non-stop playing to finish. The crazy part is I still had fun the entire time...

I don't know what kinda magic you used, but it worked. I'm downloading the client now lol

Also, and this is a completely random question that I'm not quite sure where it came from, but are you guys ever planning on rolling out actual models/statues of characters? Not the cheap kind either. I'm talking high quality stuff like the stuff Kotobukiya makes or the Valve TF2 statues. I would pay a retarded amount of money for a statue of Battlesmith Idge, Grace,Calypso, or any of my other mains really. Meh, just a random thought.

Posted: Feb 17th 2011 7:16PM DiscoJer said

I used to play this but the cash shop kept getting worse and worse (along with the grinding requirements to level up. Only got halfway to expert in 4 months and just gave up).

I logged in the other day and discovered that they don't even sell costumes for characters anymore, in order to maximize revenue, they only rent them...

Posted: Feb 17th 2011 11:26PM Caladbolg said

@DiscoJer Costumes are released every so often in Andre/Idge Boxes in the Cash shop. Some are also sold in the Market Manager.

Posted: Feb 17th 2011 8:27PM Khorrax said

I admit I redownloaded this when I saw they lowered the requirements for some cash shop UPCs, and even added new ones that are free.

Just need to get high level enough now (furthest I got is level 62).

Why I Play: ArcheAge

Posted on Oct 30th 2014 12:00PM

Massively's MMO guide to Halloween 2014

Posted on Oct 30th 2014 11:00AM

The Daily Grind: Do you defend your favorite MMO?

Posted on Oct 30th 2014 8:00AM