Posted: Feb 16th 2011 1:32PM Wild Colors said

Interesting. I wonder if Blizzard will ever cave and start up a new WoW progression server? I know a lot of people who would love to participate in the War of the Shifting Sands event.

Posted: Feb 16th 2011 1:52PM Dril said

@Wild Colors

I hope they will, but they seem eternally stuck in "one direction only" mode for their servers.

If there was an official progression (or, preferably, classic) server I'd be there in a heartbeat.

Nom. Hogger.

Posted: Feb 16th 2011 1:57PM notinterested said

@Dril

Well considering it took EQ like 9 years to make the first progression server and it really only works when you have quite a few expansions to progress through id say WoW has a while yet.

A progression server that would take 2 months to fully progress would not be very exciting.

Posted: Feb 16th 2011 8:24PM Rialle said

@Wild Colors I'd simply prefer if they'd implement a classic (1.12) server and leave it that way.

Posted: Feb 16th 2011 2:14PM Space Cobra said

I don't know who the second place winner in the previous poll was, but they probably should've gone with that name (although, it probably WAS Vulak'Aerr, knowing the one time I did not research and put forth a cold opinion like this! :P ).

I don't know too much about later EQ-history; but Fippy was much "beloved" and unless that dragon pulled similar tactics to Fippy (like storming a place continually and dying, while yelling out to the zone) or some such, they probably should have chosen from that line of "fun" characters. But, just my internet opinion.

Posted: Feb 16th 2011 2:41PM Arderath said

@Space Cobra

Vulak'Aerr came in second in the vote, so :)

Posted: Feb 16th 2011 6:13PM Space Cobra said

@Arderath

You've been a wonderful audience. I will be doing in town all week, doing my stand-up routine along with my Groucho Marx impressions.

;D

Posted: Feb 16th 2011 2:53PM Miffy said

Wish I could play but I'm busy at work all week :( Not like the old days when I could stay home from college all day lol.

Posted: Feb 16th 2011 4:37PM (Unverified) said

It has been amazing seeing hundreds of people running around in the starting zones grinding and grouping up. Something I thought that I would never see again. :'>)

Posted: Feb 17th 2011 2:59PM Kalex716 said

I love it! I'm on fippy though but its been amazing to play in this so far.

Anyone on fippy want to hit me up tonight for some groupage, i'm a 15 wizard working around the Oasis named Grove.

Make My MMO: December 14 - 20, 2014