Posted: Feb 15th 2011 8:25PM Xpander said

i like the patchnotes...most of it..
i have feeling that F2P is inc soon with the new item window for claiming ur stuff.
alltho some stuff is missing imo... we need some gear stats revamp/nerf for the latest 2 sets, because they are way too much overpowered compared to others. + we could use some more tweaks for openrvr system...currently zone wide renown ticks are the pain. since it doesnt encourage u to go and defend/command the resource carriers..(should gain renown only when near it imo)..

but other than that..i like most of the changes..and its better than nothing...at least some improvements have been done again.

Posted: Feb 15th 2011 9:14PM Dunraven said

It's probably the biggest tragedy every in the genre. I look at Rift and see what WAR should have been, and it really isn't because of honest mistakes, it was by arrogance and the lack of trying.

I asked my good friend at Vigil what he planned to do to make 40k DM a success, his reply was take Carrie Guskos philosophy and do the exact opposite.

Posted: Feb 16th 2011 2:09AM Zuljundwumn said

Warhawhat ?

Posted: Feb 16th 2011 4:57AM pcgneurotic said

WAR hate really illustrates how terribly unforgiving people are these days. Having said that, I just can't believe that I only really like the game because I was never a table-top WAR player. I mean, I've been playing D&D since the Basic box was new 30-odd years ago, and I don't hate DDO or feel that it's somehow damaged my life-long memories of the offline game. Same thing with Star Wars. Phantom Menace wasn't great-great, but it didn't hurt me or make me feel worse about the original trilogy that I'd grown up with. *sigh*. People. :(

Posted: Feb 16th 2011 6:05AM (Unverified) said

@pcgneurotic: I never played the table-top version of Warhammer, but I still don't like Warhammer Online.

I think most people's dislike (hate is a strong word) isn't related to the table-top game, or even Warhammer, at all. It's the fact that it could've been a great game in general, but it wasn't because of the sheer incompetence of it's developers and it's publishers management and developers.

EA would rather you blame Mythic and many of the games developers would rather you blame the higher-ups in Mythic and EA themselves but frankly, the game failed because instead of people figuring their petty problems out and actually developing a good game (same applies for the corporate suits), they just blamed each other, on top of that they had people overturn decisions left and right, decisions the players didn't necessarily like.

Some of the "content" is just plain lack of caring, by the looks of it. The game's still got balance issues and is still bug-ridden. A lot of them could have and should have been fixed years ago. It wasn't, and some still haven't.

Posted: Feb 16th 2011 7:47AM pcgneurotic said

@(Unverified)

Interesting. I didn't know there'd been so much behind the scenes turmoil. Well, I knew that there had been 'problems' and so on, but not to such an extent.

Well, I'm re-downloading it now to use my 14 free 'welcome back' days, so I guess I'll find out soon enough if it's still as great as I remember.

Posted: Feb 16th 2011 6:00AM Deadalon said

Thats not really a patch. Its moving few lines of code from 1 place to another. The scenarios are the same that have been from day one.

Its a joke how WAR is able to fool ppl into thinking they are actually doing something other than just maintaining the servers online. WAR is one of the biggest failure in MMORPGs history based on the fact that one of the greates IP ever has been tarnished.

Posted: Feb 16th 2011 8:16AM Hjordis said

@Deadalon

I'm not sure how I feel about saying this, but for the first time ever I wholeheartedly agree with you. It could have been such an amazing game, it has/had fabulous pvp systems that even though it was the same content over and over it was actually fun and held my attention for the better part of two years. Sadly, the devs/their bosses/publishers totally dropped the ball now the game is in serious decline. It really is unfortunate.

Posted: Feb 16th 2011 8:10AM (Unverified) said

I can't bring myself to use the 30 day time card that I bought a year ago.

I need to delete ten of my characters to rescue my Chaos characters on Iron Rock

They were all made during Head Start or shortly after launch and I will probably lose most of the names.

WAR has to be the poster child for high profile MMO failures.

Posted: Feb 16th 2011 12:18PM Space Cobra said

@(Unverified)

I wouldn't bother deleting. I also have some cards; got them on discount, but I have yet to use them.

You may lose some names, but if the game ever goes f2p and gets more servers, you can place your characters there. I've never moved my characters during the second round of server merges (when they merged the last 2 RP servers onto Phoenix Throne). I had two sets of characters for Chaos/Order and Phoenix was my Chaos set. So, I let my order characters in limbo. I checked back a few months and they were waiting to be re-assigned still. Not sure if they are still waiting, but I think they are.

Now that there are only 2 servers and may or may not be cross-faction play on either...well, I am just gonna wait...assuming I have the energy to give this game a try if it goes f2p.

Posted: Feb 16th 2011 9:06AM nevin said

There really is a headlong rush to get you to T4 now. Reducing armour requirements is good and so is the slight rvr cap change as I am always capped way before my level gets there.

This game can be loads of fun but it does still have a lot of fixes required.

Posted: Feb 16th 2011 10:25AM orso said

I have tried so many times to love Warhammer and believe me I really want to, its just everytime I play there are so many nagging little things that keep me from enjoying what could have been one of the most epic games ever.

Posted: Feb 16th 2011 12:09PM Xpander said

i agree...this game can be fun..but it doesnt have longterm fun imo.
leveling is fun ...but endgame is the same over 2 years allready...so in long term its not worth...i just hope that some other company will buy this product or EA will pump some money into it someday...to make some real expansion and polish the game up a little. which will not going to happen in near future probably....still can hope..maybe after SWOTR they have more resources...but i doubt there are enaugh subscribers then.