Posted: Feb 15th 2011 10:04PM Scin said

I gave up on this because I got a closed beta "invite" but still haven't been allowed to play. What was the point of inviting me if they need to invite you again for each phase?

Posted: Feb 15th 2011 10:05PM Slayblaze said

What's the word on character wipes after phase 4?

Posted: Feb 15th 2011 10:24PM Slayblaze said

@Slayblaze

EDIT -

Looks like there will be a full wipe, if the information on the website is correct. Apparently they have wiped between each phase and this will be no different.

I noticed a discrepancy though, at the end of that new video about phase 4 he says "don't forget, FW goes Live on March 23rd" but on the website it says that the *Open Beta* starts march 23rd. Unless maybe they consider OB as "Live", but I sure don't and most others don't either. 'Course in this day and age it pretty much means the same thing anymore.

Probably no wipe at the end of OB though.

Posted: Mar 2nd 2011 9:36PM notinterested said

@Slayblaze

Thy are considering open beta live. Less testing and no more wipes.

Posted: Feb 15th 2011 10:18PM ShivanSwordsman said

I've heard rumors that you can literally pain real world cash to buff your character's resistances permanently, to the point that you can be completely immune to something. If that's true, this game, and Perfect World, has just hit the top of my Crap List.

Posted: Feb 15th 2011 10:29PM Plastic said

The misleading way they handled beta invitations already left me with a sour taste in my mouth. Hopefully it's not an indication of how they will handle their cash shop/customer service.

Posted: Feb 16th 2011 4:37AM sadsurfer said

@Plastic/Scin - The beta key side confused me at first as well but I am playing the European beta as this suits me better as I am in Europe! (http://www.forsakenworld.eu) and this didn't have the confusing beta sign up steps!

@Slayblaze - I believe it is released on 23rd March and not Open Beta

@Shivan - No idea where you got those rumors from, I haven't seen anything in the cash shop to suggest this or on the Chinese to English blog for the game I read

Posted: Feb 16th 2011 4:38AM Kaoy said

My main complaint with the game is that no mater what class you play and what build you take, for half the levels, you will be spamming no more than 4 or 5 skills over and over, assuming you don't try and be a jack-of-all-trades, and thus make your character unplayable. Past that point, depending on your build, you might grab one or two more, but most of those are situational at best, and nothing more than marginally upgraded forms of what you would already have at worse.

For bards, who have their various songs, it's a bit better, since there are about a dozen songs you can play by using your skills int he right order, but you will still only have about 4 of those up to a serviceable potency, and if you try to be anything but a healer, you will be largely shunned, as their DPS is only 2nd tier at best, and their slows and speed buffs are worthless, since you can't really kite with the way skills and hits work. Sure, you might delay yourself getting hit for a couple seconds, by staying out of range a little longer, but eventually they will catch up to you, and stun/snare/knock you down and not only give you a beating, but interrupt your rhythm, making you lose one or two of your songs.