Posted: Feb 14th 2011 3:14PM DancingCow said

Can't stand daily quests - in any MMO. They're a huge turn off to me.

They move a game further towards the 'work' end of the 'fun --- work' spectrum.

Posted: Feb 14th 2011 3:47PM (Unverified) said

@DancingCow Yeah, we should not have to repeat the same quests over and over to earn gear and money. When a game implements dailies, it says to me, that the developers have run out of ideas and are just making crap to keep people busy.

Posted: Feb 15th 2011 7:14AM Aelon said

@Both of you

Amen. I never met a daily I liked (lookin' at you, WoW). They always felt like some kind of "homework" that was designed to force me to log on every day to stay engaged (and paying). If your game is compelling and polished enough, I would do that anyway.

Even "The Vault" in DCUO was kind of WTF, but maybe I just like looking gift horses (pun intended) in the mouth. Wait, why am I "breaking presents for free loot in the Joker's maze" every day again? Is this Mario brothers or an MMO?

Posted: Feb 15th 2011 10:47AM Lorell said

@(Unverified) TBH I played WoW as well and I have to admit after few months doing same daily quest over and over again to farm money for your "daily needs" (like flaks for raid) was so much pain and boring.

In Aion tho, some PvE daily quests (I mostly meant these from 30 lvl fraction) are sooo easy so you need like 2 min to end them - just go, pick up one item or 3 and you are done. You collect tokens/exp in no time and after some time you can exchange tokens for some items. IMO it's not so bad (compared to WoW's one at least) ;)

Posted: Feb 14th 2011 4:34PM Laguna said

I still can't forgive myself for ever funding this game (even tough it was only for 4months).

Posted: Feb 14th 2011 4:36PM Skyydragonn said

After the WoW days of daily quests every day. I can't bring myselfto stay focused on doing them anymore in any game. Even now in DCUO i find myself putting off the daily duo/alert/ wanted missions just becuase i already know they monotony that will settle in and ruin the fun I've been having with the game.

Posted: Feb 14th 2011 5:07PM Yarr said

The Aion daily PvE level 30+ quests mostly take about 2 minutes, a bit more if you need to gather a few items (usually 2 of something and 1 of another). No big deal. I have been doing them on all my characters since they were available, as I log on to each daily to check what they've sold, put more stuff on the broker, etc. Then I go play the character(s) I want as usual. Nice bonus that gives them each some XP and tokens/boxes for a few minutes effort.

I knew about the PvP ones, but didn't see they've added some more PvE at 50 or that you can exchange tokens. Nice!

Posted: Feb 14th 2011 6:45PM DemonXaphan said

I see the daily and weekly quests as a diversion to running around or crafting and still provide a beneficial reward towards much wanted gear or items.

MMO Week in Review: Are you Elite or Dangerous?

Posted on Dec 21st 2014 8:00PM