ArenaNet was on fire this week, revealing no less than five brand-new blog entries for Guild Wars 2's Human Week. We were treated to a sampling of voices and dialogue from the game's Human race, a treatise on the Human military factions of Kryta, a splash of character design and costuming, and a sparkling video featuring the history of Humanity in the GW2 setting. Classic Guild Wars players weren't left out of the fun, either, as ANet also released patch notes that spell great news for players of the Dervish profession. Fortunately, our own resident Guild Wars expert Rubi Bayer will be on hand to dissect all the Human-centric goodies in tomorrow's Flameseeker Chronicles!
Join us past the break for a look at this week's other top stories, and cast your vote for Asuran Week! (I'm kidding... or am I?)
- Bigpoint launches Battlestar Galactica Online
Browser-based BSGO opened the doors of its open beta to the masses.
- A certain point of view, Whether Sith are evil and how Crew Skills work
Larry dug into what we know about SWTOR's launch date, the Sith, and Crew Skills.
- Warhammer Online offering free server transfers as prelude to two server shutdowns
Having once sold a million copies, EA's former blockbuster is down to just two servers.
- City of Heroes unleashes the Animal Pack
Paragon Studios revealed its newest super booster to the delight of lycanthropes everywhere.
- DC Universe Online releases a cinematic of the future... and the present
SOE's superhero action-MMO's newest trailer features villain Lex Luthor.
- RIFT's Telara the Merciless open beta starts February 15th
Trion's relentless wave of betas continues next week!
- The Perfect Ten: The evolution of /dance
Justin counted down the top 10 coolest MMO dances.
- Enter At Your Own Rift: Dispelling the WoWhammer myth
Karen declared that RIFT isn't just another World of Warcraft or Warhammer clone.
- BioWare: WoW is the "touchstone" for The Old Republic
BioWare's Greg Zeschuk polarized SWTOR fans with comments about WoW.
- The Road to Mordor: Just around the bend
Justin analyzed the newest Lord of the Rings Online patch notes to hit the Bullroarer test server.
- Champions Online's Chris Matz talks on F2P changes, PvP, and the future of CO
Cryptic's Chris Matz gave us the scoop on the superhero MMO's immediate goals.
- The P-word: Earthrise first impressions
Jef delivered a guarded preview of the newly launched sci-fi sandbox.
- Massively's guide to Valentine's Day festivities
We rounded up all the best Valentine's Day events across the MMOsphere.
- Blizzard speaks (briefly) about new MMO plans
Mike Morhaime said he expected WoW and the new title to co-exist peaceably.
- Free for All: A hardcore raider shines light on F2P issues
Beau wondered whether hardcore grinding is ruining MMOs -- F2P and otherwise.
- Massively Speaking Episode 134
A special round-table version of our official podcast debated the death of old MMOs.
- Bill Roper reflects on Hellgate
The former Flagship CEO discussed Hellgate: London's untimely demise.
- WoW Insider's guide to patch 4.0.6
Everything you need to know about this week's massive patch.
- The OverAchiever: Guide to Love is in the Air 2011
WoW Insider's guide to WoW's Valentine's day events.
- Predicting Battle.net's social future
Mathew McCurley considered Real ID and Blizzard's community plans.