Posted: Feb 12th 2011 10:19AM Rindon said

@ Beau
I am floating in that same boat now a days with games. I tried playing Gods and Heroes, got about two hours in and had to stop. Feels like every game is the same cake with different icing.
I am hoping that CCP does something like Eve with skills system in WoD or that the EQNext is able to tie together all the classes that they have put out from EQ/EQ2/Vanguard. EQ1 still has the best bard/shaman I have played out of any game. Blood Mage and the unique spin on the shaman from Vanguard. Could go on and on.

Posted: Feb 12th 2011 10:48AM fauxcivility said

OH MY GOD.

Why did you have to post that picture?! I'm in Tokyo right now AND I CANNOT GET PIZZA LIKE THAT. YOUR PICTURE MAKES ME SO HUNGRY. Thank you for giving me an insatiable craving :<

;-;

Posted: Feb 12th 2011 1:25PM Krystalle Voecks said

@fauxcivility

You have all the funky flavors of pocky, though! I'd trade you if I could. ^.^

Posted: Feb 12th 2011 2:04PM BigAndShiny said

@Krystalle Voecks

Im soooo hungry now, and it's gonna take half an hour for ordered pizza to get here. i am literally shaking as i type with hunger
/cry

Posted: Feb 12th 2011 2:52PM Slayblaze said

@fauxcivility

That pizza looks homemade, can't you get the ingredients there to make one?

Posted: Feb 12th 2011 11:31AM cowboyhugbees said

Thank god the developers of Pizza remain committed to their consumer base.

Posted: Feb 12th 2011 1:22PM Krystalle Voecks said

@cowboyhugbees

Indeed. Pizza is entirely too OP.

That said, I don't want its deliciousness nerfed anytime soon.

Posted: Feb 12th 2011 11:39AM MMOaddict said

I'll be playing Vanguard and Dark Age of Camelot, 2 games that funny enough feel very similar in how the world feels and the uniqueness of classes.

Speaking of classes, I like both class and classless games, I'm not really picky unless the game isn't big enough to support a ton of choices. For example, WoW and Lotro tend to feel very shallow due to a small choice of classes but a game like VG, DaoC and FFXI, all classes but huge worlds, each class very unique and tons of them to choose from. So I suppose I prefer a hybrid of class/classless systems. I also prefer a hybrid of themepark/sandbox games so go figure.

Posted: Feb 12th 2011 11:57AM Seldra said

I'll have mine with spinach and anchovies. :)

Posted: Feb 12th 2011 12:56PM Sharuk said

What type of pizza is that? It looks awesome.

Posted: Feb 12th 2011 2:14PM DemonXaphan said

Looks like a pepperoni and mushroom pizza which is not bad but give me a deep dish Greek pizza.

I do agree each system does have it's merits, depending on the game.

Posted: Feb 12th 2011 2:18PM BGExorcist said

Been playing Lotro lately. Also some LoL, and waiting for the 15th ;)

Posted: Feb 12th 2011 2:59PM BGExorcist said

@ Beau
Just tried Fortune, hm first 10 minutes and the game stopped responding :)

Posted: Feb 12th 2011 4:22PM Krelian said

Eve as always, some Darkfall, and RIFT next week ! Also, they reactivated my EQ1 accounts so i might level some old chars there.

Pizza = best food. Ever.

I prefer classless systems, like Eve and Darkfall.

Posted: Feb 13th 2011 12:25AM drakon said

I don't know if I'm the only one but...

I'm getting irritated with everyone crowing about how they want sandbox games without classes. Its like being in college again and the prof is saying that "in theory" communism is perfect. But in practice it doesn't work because people (quite frankly) suck.

Well in "theory" classless systems work. In practice they ALL end up being less diverse than class based systems because people will use the skills that are most effective. These people claim that they want to be different than everyone else, but end up the same anyways.

I think the closest you will come is either games like DAoC with almost 40 different classes or Rift's flexible soul system.

Posted: Feb 13th 2011 2:45PM BGExorcist said

Rift's soul system is flexible, because the game is not out yet and people havent figured out the best combinations.

Posted: Feb 14th 2011 2:07AM drakon said

@BGExorcist

True, people have not figured out the best combination's.

BUT.... the very nature of the soul system means there will be many different combination's. In addition to four hard coded classes, each class has souls that fill very different functions. You can have a DPS cleric, a melee/tank cleric, or a healing cleric. You can have a heal/support Rogue, a tank rogue, a ranged rogue, or a stealth/melee Rogue. Etc etc.