Posted: Feb 11th 2011 6:21PM Zaetal said

That's certainly a boat load of changes, effecting a ton of just how combat should work. I wonder how much of all this crafters will have to sacrifice compared to before in just not taking barely any mutation lines. Let's also hope it gets somewhat well documented in the UI so all the new players and rerolls don't get horribly stuck and confused and mess up their builds.

Posted: Feb 11th 2011 11:00PM DancingCow said

Wow!

If I'm reading that SoTG right, at least some of the mutations are no longer click-target - they're FPS, like weapons?

These changes look really promising. I may resub to check these out.

Posted: Feb 12th 2011 12:12AM JoeH42 said

Maybe with these changes there will actually be some reasons to join groups. I've been playing the game for about 8 months now and I've needed a group for Kingman...and that's been it so far. Sometimes I group up with other people but so far the only difference between FE and a non-MMO game for me is the social aspect and the economy. When it comes to gameplay I've never seen much need for a group. Partially this seems to be because there's no real "healer" class and most players can tank anything that needs it. This doesn't ruin the game, I've still been playing for 8 months, but I wish it felt like there was more need for grouping to get things done.

Posted: Feb 12th 2011 1:41AM DancingCow said

@JoeH42

I had the same experience. I played to level 32 and solo'ed every single mission except one - at my level and higher - solo, including the group ones.

And that was with a crafting character.

For me that made the game seem like a joke :(

Posted: Feb 12th 2011 3:48AM dargondarkfire said

@DancingCow
i actually prefer the lack of needing a group to do most things. i'm very much against the concept of forced group content and raids.
then again ive played mmos were an area that is group only and then the devs made it so it almost impossible for your class to find a group because most the mobs are immune to nearly all you attacks.