Posted: Feb 11th 2011 12:11PM (Unverified) said

I can't wait to see more controlled leaks like this. Like many PS fans, I'm holding my cynicism in reserve and expressing cautious optimism that SOE can do better this time around.

I just wrote about this, too. http://longgame.org/2011/02/manic-depressive-first-person-shooter/

Posted: Feb 11th 2011 12:18PM Ergonomic Cat said

I want Next to be awesome so very much.

Posted: Feb 12th 2011 11:38AM Valdamar said

@Ergonomic Cat
That makes at least two of us.

Posted: Feb 11th 2011 12:25PM Tazuras said

That thing is sexy...

Anyway, the mystery seems to be an efficient promotional tactic, within the MMO community at least.

Posted: Feb 11th 2011 2:15PM winterborn said

Too bad its $oE

Posted: Feb 11th 2011 3:02PM SgtBaker1234556 said

@winterborn

Using $ to show your distaste is so 1900s. Try to get some new memes before posting.

Posted: Feb 11th 2011 4:52PM ThePenIsMightier said

@SgtBaker1234556

Cynicism without an alternate suggestion is so 90s. Show us you're more clever before berating cliches.

Posted: Feb 11th 2011 4:15PM SKYeXile said

Needs to be renamed to Skeeter in PS:N.

Posted: Feb 11th 2011 4:49PM Russell Clarke said

Oh my. I have just been floored by a big tsunami of nostalgia. I loved the skeeter so much - those little terrain-hugging beasties!

Posted: Feb 11th 2011 4:55PM Drexel said

Well the classic vehicles are present. At least one of the three original factions are present (all of these seem to be colored for the NC) which makes me think the other two are their as well. I would really like to see some character models,a shot of a tower, a base or even a max unit.

As long as they get rid of BFR's them I will be pretty happy. The game itself, the mechanics, the advancement, the lattice system, the vehicles...all of it was great IMO. They need a new gameplan for the business model though. I think the verdict is in on subscription MMOFPS' (witness the failure of APB, the quick contraction of GA's business model to a GW model, just to name some recent ones.)

Posted: Feb 11th 2011 6:28PM SKYeXile said

@Drexel

that is said to be a TR skeeter.

Posted: Feb 11th 2011 9:17PM ColRoofles said

@Drexel Neither APB nor GA ever was an MMO in a true sense of the term (i.e. huge, non-instanced, open world).

GA was just a bad TF2 clone with a graphical lobby, and the only reason its creators labeled it an MMO was so it'd sell better (MMOFPS sounds more appealing than multiplayer FPS and, if you take the setting into account, makes you think, "Ah! A spiritual sequel to PlanetSide."); hell, the game wasn't even an FPS as the camera was in TPP mode pretty much the whole time (save for sniping).

APB failed because it was a terrible game. Plain and simple. The fact that they charged a monthly it had nothing to do with it. TPP as well, not FPP, thus not an FPS. As for the MMO part, well, you could drive around the districts and watch people do their ridiculous "PVP missions." I wouldn't play it if the game was completely F2P, even despite the fact that I like these kinds of games (multiplayer, shooting, driving, competitive).

I'm hoping PSNext will be just as good as the first one. An MMOFPS that actually has the right to call itself an MMOFPS.

Posted: Feb 11th 2011 6:36PM winterborn said

How about $oErf is that better kid ? Now get off my lawn !

I have no clue what a "Memes" is, It must be some new geek speak or tard jargin I suppose.

Lol @1900's

Posted: Feb 12th 2011 11:37AM Valdamar said

@winterborn

Tard jargin? (sic) How quaintly ironic.

This link will help you to mop up all of that nasty ignorance:

You might find this handy as well: