Posted: Feb 10th 2011 3:08PM DancingCow said

Our guild leader is awesome. She'd never make anyone stay up late to finish a raid. And I know cos I live on the opposite side of the planet to her and am often heading to bed while the rest of the guild soldiers on.

Beepe rules!

Posted: Feb 10th 2011 3:22PM Slippyblade said

I had an awesome Guild Leader back in my EQ days as well. Mine was a woman as well actually, she was a stay at home mom and mostly played while the kids were at school or asleep. She was awesome. She ran a really tight ship, but also made a point that Real Life came first. She had zero problem when I couldn't make a raid or such due to my kids, but gave you plenty of crap if you missed one for a TV show. =)

Posted: Feb 10th 2011 3:28PM Waxil said

Your guild leader (and guild) only has as much control over you as you let them have. Can they be health hazards? Sure, if you let them dictate your real life actions, control when you start and stop playing, etc.

If you're letting them do that though maybe you shouldn't be playing mmos until you get yourself sorted out. At very least take the time to find mature guilds who understand that people have to exist outside of the game.

Real life comes first, if your main tank or main healer has to go pee or has to feed themselves/their child/etc at a crucial moment in a raid and you end up wiped or having to pause.. that's just life. Get over it. If you have a problem with it then stop playing games that require the aid of other people.

Posted: Feb 10th 2011 5:20PM Joystiq Login Bugs SUCK said

Ah yes those polls where half the respondents are from Turkey so accurately reflect the market we are used to.

I am going to have to agree with Waxil above, real life must come first and anyone who rages because the Tank's cat just pooped on his keyboard causing a wipe because his fingers slipped to the wrong key really needs to go seek professional help.

Letting your baby drown in the bath because you were busy playing a game will make the news in a nasty way. Don't do it.

Posted: Feb 10th 2011 5:40PM DancingCow said

@Joystiq Login Bugs SUCK

And the other half are turkeys? :P

Posted: Feb 11th 2011 5:32AM Bottleskup said

on the 7-11 gamer thing, I often wonder when I'm going about my life, passing people, buying things off people, sitting on the bus etc, if these people who I have nothing to do with and probably wouldn't talk to in a normal situation, are maybe also on their way home to log into GW or EQ2 back when i played, maybe theyre in my guild, or theyre someone i chat with all the time in game. Or maybe theyre that troll on the forums, who knows.

Posted: Feb 15th 2011 1:29PM Dethdlr said

"Guild friendships, and online relationships in general, can be as strong and as valid as offline ones, even though they're still not generally accepted as being equal."

Absolutely, especially with voice chat. I'll be glad when online relationships of this sort gain the mainstream validity they deserve.