Posted: Feb 10th 2011 9:18AM gildhur said

Looks like Forochel.

Posted: Feb 10th 2011 3:00PM DiscoJer said

@gildhur

Well, LOTRO pretty much is a EQ clone at heart, only like WoW, dumbed down.

Posted: Feb 10th 2011 10:11PM Nepentheia said

@gildhur

Naw, it looks like Velious. ;-)

Posted: Feb 10th 2011 9:51AM wagonfactor said

looks pretty awesome honestly. my manager plays eq2 and ONLY eq2. he buys the year subscription each year and has been playing since day1. i admire that kind of commitment and willingness to stick with one game for such a long time. im hoping to casually play rift for years and years

Posted: Feb 10th 2011 10:45AM pcgneurotic said

Bring. It. On!!!

Posted: Feb 10th 2011 10:50AM Kalex716 said

This just makes me want to play the original Velious expansion for EQ1 all the more.

The classic server goes live this month, on the 15th! can't wait. I'm suprised massively hasn't run an article on that yet as last I heard they still think its coming in March.

I'd love to start with a Massively guild on the classic server.

Posted: Feb 10th 2011 1:19PM Valdamar said

I'm so tempted to go back to EQ2 when I see them re-doing areas I loved so much in EQ1, but 500 years later.

Posted: Feb 10th 2011 7:32PM Tovrin said

What actually was so great about Velious? My interest in EQ waned around the time it was released and I never got the level where I could get into it at all. I'm just curious considering the article say it was so great.

Posted: Feb 10th 2011 8:17PM Kalex716 said

@Tovrin

Brilliantly designed world. Great leveling up content, and raid content. A couple of zone wide quests (innovations of their day), an interesting meta plot between dwarves, dragons, and giants. You had to choose your allegiance wisely. The boat going there was awesome too. Most of the classes really came into their own during the Velious.

It was just very special to most everyone who experienced it.

Posted: Feb 10th 2011 10:10PM Nepentheia said

Good god, those can't be Othmir in a couple of those screenshots, at least I hope they aren't cuz they definitely don't look like Othmir, just a poorly skinned Ratonga model. :-(

Posted: Feb 11th 2011 4:52PM JeekFreak said

Sorry to tell you Nepentheia, they are exactly that. Sad, I know.

Restricted to certain comments presently, I will just say that this Velious leaves a Lot to be desired when compared to its predecessor of EQ1 days.