Posted: Feb 10th 2011 3:37PM Lateris said

I have to agree with this 100%. And I feel CCP can address this by putting teams to work on this. Great read!

"I will simply say that I believe there is a lot of work left unfinished on some very important elements of the game that I'd like to see completed".

Posted: Feb 10th 2011 5:25PM Equillian said

WTB PvE server.

WTS Thread Hijack.

Posted: Feb 10th 2011 5:27PM Equillian said

PS: Thread hijack is slightly used but in good condition.

Posted: Feb 22nd 2011 10:54AM DoctorMolotov said

@Equillian

Give you 1m for the thread.

Also, NO PvE server. HTFU, stop sucking.

Posted: Feb 11th 2011 10:55AM MaddZ said

Great game, just wish it wasn't so damned time-sinkey. I don't have hours of my life to pour into one single action each day.

On topic: Seleene would probably make a good CSM, due to both his personal and professional background.

Posted: Feb 11th 2011 2:57PM Baledain said

I personally liked this vid made by seleene: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpmlWSXwpNk

Posted: Feb 23rd 2011 11:01AM Equillian said

Oh trust me, I stopped playing a long time ago. I did vow to return if they ever did make a pve server.
If pvp was about pvp I would NEVER have a problem. What is done outside empire space is not only acceptable, but awesome.

Empire space however... pvp is centered around simply being the bigger fish in the pond, ganking, and ruining newbies gametime... thats where I said "this isnt for me".

I did HTFU, I did pretty good. Even piloted a Dread for a major alliance. Got a little bored and headed back into empire space. Tried defending miners from griefer corps - did a decent job. Even tried being a solo griefer corp (when you have an '03 character, you can do this). Sure, I made lots of isk, but at what cost? the 20-30 miners that just wanted to make some money and see a mining fleet in action? How many of them were decent people who cancelled their accounts?

You can't even do a mission in so-called 'safe' empire space without being the target. Sure, there are ways of getting around everything, but the system is designed to grief noobies, not vets.

Posted: Feb 23rd 2011 3:26PM Calfis said

@Equillian

If they made a PVE server then they would lose the claim to being the only MMO with a single shard universe where anything you do can conceivably impact everyone else in the game, be it in a negative or positive way.

I think this makes EVE unique in a good way. Someone once told me that the idea of EVE is Everyone Versus Everyone, in that sense they are doing as advertised. While it is unfortunate that the cut throat nature of the game filters out some decent people, if said people are not mature enough to take some stones thrown in their path and move on then they should go to a game that doesn't require such thick skin to begin with.

One should also remember the ruthless nature of the game combined with a steep learning curve usually makes the more pubescent players with less patience give up to annoy us in simpler games.

Also its EVE, no place is completely 'safe' thats something the devs try to hammer into everyone's head over and over and people still complain. EVE was not designed to be an MMO that holds your hand, thats part of the lure, because if you can make it in EVE despite that then you are the cream of the crop so to speak. I'd rather not play a game with someone who feels their $15 a month 'entitles' them to anything more than just being in the game. Call it "rugged individualism" if you like.

Posted: Feb 23rd 2011 12:08PM DoctorMolotov said

Well at least you tried. I've had no problems running missions in empire, but maybe thats because the game might have changed a bunch since you last saw it. If it has been a while, you might wanna go have another look at it... a lot of things have changed.