Posted: Feb 10th 2011 10:16PM PaterFrog said

When is the update going to be released? The wiki seems to be titled the 10th of February, but that was yesterday and there's no release yet. Anybody tell me what's up and where I can find the real date? Thanks

Posted: Feb 11th 2011 3:35AM Minofan said

@PaterFrog

The update isn't out yet; they wanted to get a preview out in advance, so that a] peple aren't shocked/terrified and b] the "omgwut!!" torrent starts early, so by the actual update they can sift actual feedback from people simply making noise.

They've always said they remain on track to release both updates in February though, so it should be the dervish update next week (18th) then the feature build the week after (25th) - barring slippage.

Posted: Feb 11th 2011 6:51AM PaterFrog said

@Minofan thanks mate :D

Posted: Feb 11th 2011 4:21AM Xan said

Awesome news, may actually go back to my lvl 5 derv that is about 1.5yrs old...

Posted: Feb 11th 2011 7:01AM Valdamar said

Sounds good - I got a Derv to L12 recently and realised that something was wrong when I wasn't enjoying a class that swings a freakin' scythe, so I went back to my hammer warrior and my ranger. I'll have to check out Derv again now.

Posted: Feb 11th 2011 9:14AM Dirame said

@Valdamar
There is sweet spot you have to hit when it comes to the dervish, I think it starts when you get all the avatars.

Posted: Feb 11th 2011 9:11AM Dirame said

Irresistible Sweep... does too much stuff... its a must have skill on every PvP dervish bar... I think even Warriors are going to use that instead of wild blow now lol.

Posted: Feb 11th 2011 10:09AM Tom in VA said

Well, a skill reworking is nice, but they need to come up with some better armors for this class.

I played both Paragon and Dervish for a bit: they were interesting classes, but the (male) armors were craptastically awful, imo.

Posted: Feb 11th 2011 10:37AM Arkanaloth said

Just for kicks, during the Canthan New Year festival I decided to see just how potent various classes can be on lowbie mobs. It was a pure numbers game.. "Which class can dish the biggest boom in a single hit".

I expected the winner to be my warrior who topped out at 606 damage, sure I need to work on a few titles with that alt but ultimately it's a good metric... then I whipped out the dervish (who also needs title work) and won with a massive 840 damage hit. For GW, even on lowbie mobs, those are some huge numbers.. So I'm really looking forward to bringing my dervish back into full active play.