Posted: Feb 10th 2011 11:37AM Pingles said

From the article:

"and so far, it's paid off, as the company is in the black."

How in the world are they in the black when the game just went live? What kind of revenue can they be pulling in to offset the development costs?

Posted: Feb 10th 2011 11:22PM (Unverified) said

@Pingles They sell money.

Posted: Feb 10th 2011 11:58AM Tom in VA said

BSGO interests me not much at all, but I am happy to hear The Mummy is still alive and kicking (so to speak). The Mummy sounds like a fun and different setting for an MMO.

Posted: Feb 10th 2011 12:20PM StClair said

I'd just like to point out that the BSG writers eventually admitted that they didn't really have a Plan, and were just saying so while they made it up as they went along.

Posted: Feb 10th 2011 7:23PM eyeball2452 said

@StClair

So? I thought it turned out well. Season two and three were incredible and 4 was adequate.

Posted: Feb 10th 2011 1:36PM Wild Colors said

I've been impressed with BSGO so far. I need a bit more of a tutorial to explain things (like how to summon a mining ship), and, as a Cylon, I feel like a bit of an underdog (on the US West server, Cylon were able to maintain 2 outposts while Colonial meatbags had 12), but it's actually be a lot of fun to make a squadron for 4 or 5 other pilots and go out hunting.

Posted: Feb 10th 2011 11:48PM Dread said

Been playing it for the past few days - it kinda blows.....good for what it is, a browser game, no downloading etc...but still pretty less than ordinary...

Posted: Feb 11th 2011 1:37AM eyeball2452 said

@Dread

I loved BSG, the tv show. Top five of the last decade.

The game was meh. Maybe it was me, but the controls didn't seem very intuitive. Fair or not, my first criteria of any game is basic navigation. If I can't jump in and feel comfortable moving my character around in the first minute or so, the rest of the game is a lost cause.

Posted: Feb 11th 2011 1:50AM nikescar said

I just tried BSG Online for the first time tonight. It's decent enough, if not a little boring. The big battles are cool but it's useless to participate in them. For some reason XP doesn't get shared. I joined a huge raid, contributed a ton, and ended up with the same XP as when before the raid began. That was after 45 minutes of battle. There were plenty of times where it looked like I got the last shot in on the kill also and still nothing. That just blows and I'm not giving it a second try.

Posted: Feb 24th 2011 12:13PM (Unverified) said

I don't know about you, but i like this game...
It's browser game so make sure all of you have that in mind before making comments about the quality issues and similar. Just compare it with other browser games and the difference is amazing.
BigPoint is having this promotion right now, when used with Paysafecard, so I will support this game.
I can play it on any comp, iPad, whatever, and whenever... If nothing else, that matters to me.
Keep up...

MMO Week in Review: Are you Elite or Dangerous?

Posted on Dec 21st 2014 8:00PM