Posted: Feb 7th 2011 8:30PM (Unverified) said

This "contest" is little more than a thinly veiled paid front page advertisement. Gamecoins.com seems to be little more than a gold-selling company masquerading as a....jeeze, I don't even know what the hell they are. Instead of paying cash for gold, you pay by "writing articles" or spamming links for them. WTF?

Seriously, this is a major low point for Massively. Shame on you.

Posted: Feb 7th 2011 8:39PM Beltyra said

@(Unverified)

Agreed.

Posted: Feb 7th 2011 8:41PM Rindon said

@(Unverified)
This is an attempt to show people how to gain in game currency through means other than farming in game. It may even include item shop currency as well.I like the idea. Probably will never use it though as I have no problem with farming.

Posted: Feb 7th 2011 9:06PM Scone said

@(Unverified)
Agree. Come on Massively, of all people to be against money transactions or anything near it, you should be at the head against this stupidity.
Not only does it influx in-game economies, it ruins the game because you don't value the money you earn. If I gave every World of Warcraft character 1K gold, then it would have no value! So please Massively, fight these!

Posted: Feb 7th 2011 9:25PM Averice said

@Scone They don't give you in-game currency, they give you micro transaction currency for f2p games that already have micro transaction currency set up to buy with IRL monies.

Posted: Feb 7th 2011 9:26PM Pyo said

@(Unverified)

Wow, totally agree with Unverified. I was shocked to see this on the front page. Massively, you guys are way better than this! What gives?

Posted: Feb 7th 2011 8:32PM tikong2010 said

Ninja Saga would be the best...Godswar is more popular now..

Posted: Feb 7th 2011 8:32PM Hailey3274 said

• Half a heart
This seems pretty cool and a good chance to win free credits!!!!!

Posted: Feb 7th 2011 11:03PM KvanCetre said

@Hailey3274

Shocking, one post ever. Seriously, Massively?

Posted: Feb 7th 2011 8:37PM Minamori said

I'd want to try out Champions Online, I don't like restricting bag slots so that's why I haven't played yet. Lunia and Wonderking are close seconds.

Posted: Feb 7th 2011 8:57PM (Unverified) said

I just want to draw peoples' attention to Mabinogi. It's an awesome game, and has a great community.

Posted: Feb 7th 2011 8:58PM Keen and Graev said

Definitely an advertisement.

Posted: Feb 7th 2011 8:58PM TKOtheKDR said

The list of games that you can earn currency for is a joke. I now think less of Massively.com for associating themselves with such sham marketing. This pox among gamers even tries to gain access to your Facebook info as well as install a toolbar.

For shame, Massively!

Posted: Feb 7th 2011 9:13PM Haleth said

I would like to make a Champions Online guide to Blades. They are very interesting so far!

Posted: Feb 7th 2011 9:22PM Averice said

0_o

They don't give you in game currency as if it was gold buying/selling, it's micro-transaction currency.

It's a website that is used to promote f2p games onto other f2p games. So if you like dabbling in different f2p games, this website is good for A) getting to know what other games might be out there and potentially letting you find a game you like by giving you "coins" if you test them out, and B)getting you micro transaction currency for the f2p game that you DO already play, if any.

The website makes its money through traffic and thus advertisement viewings, and also income from the f2p games that you can use coins on probably on a minimum thresh hold of new accounts that are associated with the "coins" website. It's not "evil", it's just a method of connecting f2p gamers to more f2p games through a series of rewards and making a profit for service rendered that costs the f2p gamer nothing.

Well, it's definitely evil for trying to install a toolbar, but besides that I really don't see any reason to say this site is bad. Yeah, you have to "work" for your coins, but it's a trade off. As with all websites like this, watch out for toolbar installs or other nonsensical downloads, asking you to pay for things or take random off site surveys neither of which ever actually give you your coins, or anything else that seems fishy.

Lots of f2p browser games already offer this kind of service when they do that whole "vote for me and get micro transaction currency(mtc)!"

And no, I don't like f2p games so I do not want any currency.

Posted: Feb 7th 2011 9:26PM Romiress said

How is this even legal? Would it not break the TOS for almost ALL games to trade out of game favors for in game money?

Nevermind the majority of those games are crap.Runes of Magic and Atlantica are really the only things I'd be even slightly interested in.

200 GC = 10 facebook credits.

10 Facebook credits is a dollar.

Doing every 'mission' o the site would net you a whopping 60 coins!

It seems likely Cryptic made them take it down, because all champions related content mysteriously vanished.

Posted: Feb 7th 2011 9:29PM Romiress said

@Romiress

Just to make it worse, the one game I thought might be slightly decent (SMT) you can't even get points for. Basically, this site will only interest you if you're a fan of 10 year old korean grinders.

Posted: Feb 7th 2011 10:25PM VisualGloss said

Some of you people posting should actually go to the website and see what it's about... I was shocked to see this on Massively at first myself, then I clicked on it to see what games they are supporting. There is nothing wrong with this at all.

Posted: Feb 7th 2011 10:32PM rainbowgnu said

Nice one Massively. Wouldn't mind some extra currency for Champions Online or Atlantica. Every little helps, right?

Posted: Feb 8th 2011 12:53AM Sleaker said

I'd rather see you guys write previews or reviews or even heads-up for other popular websites than this lame stuff. Why does everything have to be driven by marketing advertisements? There comes a breaking point where your readers simply start to leave because you're becoming more and more of a sellout rather than actually writing or providing good material.