Posted: Feb 7th 2011 4:58PM CornishRocker said

CNY was great, again, this year. Your point on the community on the whole is all too true, Rubi, and I think we're all lucky that GW has such an obliging base of players.
As for the GWO district, I've never seen so many Alliance members in one place before. I couldn't even get us all in one screenshot!
A big thanks to the co-ordinators and item collectors/runners.

Posted: Feb 7th 2011 5:18PM MGTrey said

I now demand that bacon-hunts become a required activity during Easter.

Posted: Feb 7th 2011 9:07PM Ellie inoz said

I too love CNY and I'm happy knowing it will be the same year after year, it makes the organising much easier.
I think it's not much use claiming a district on Guru, before the event as many people just don't read forums. I think it is better the way my guild does it. Someone starts looking for an unhosted district 2 or 3 hours before the start of the event. Simply drop in, ask in chat if anyone is hosting there, if so try another , if not, grab it and start spamming that your particular guild is hosting there.
Once we know which district we have, then it's time to put it on Guru and our own forum.
We find that this way works very well. Mainly because GW does have such a great community.

Posted: Feb 7th 2011 11:04PM Jeromai said

I'm gonna have to be very thankful for the repetition of Canthan New Year, seeing that I figured it was my most likely chance of scoring a gold miniature for the HoM. Never really bothered with it before this year.

Also very thankful that it was pretty low effort to score up an initial batch of 125ish tokens per character, only had so many that could access Shing Jea. Ran it three times on all my level 20s, got nada but some fireworks and gold, twitched, ran it one more time on a last ditch non-20 Factions alt, praying to the RNG gods, and badabing, deliriously happy owner of a starry bunny.

Not everyone is a vet who has done it every year running without fail. Happy to keep the repetition. :)

Posted: Feb 7th 2011 11:51PM alinos said

damnit i completely forgot about canthan new year

since it's not something i celebrate and i was playing rift's beta over the weekend :(

Posted: Feb 8th 2011 4:05AM Meagen said

I finally got a celestial mini this year! Gave it to my husband for his HoM. (He sold me a Rurik and a Shiro for just a couple plat way back when, it was only fair.)

Posted: Feb 8th 2011 9:26AM trueguru said

I have only been playing 8 months now, so this was my first CNY. I finally saw what those those strange ingredients were for. I only had 1 item for the Salad, but was glad to participate. Rubi is correct that it was great being in a hosted district and gaining the benefits of a complete meal for the celestial. I was just amazed that in all countries they were filling up to 123 districts or more. Glad to see so many players enjoying themselves. I really like that Arena Net keeps the quests current, such as all the references to one of my favorite shows "Big Bang Theory" with a bow to the Sheldonator. That is great.

The Stream Team: Vanguard's final week

Posted on Jul 26th 2014 11:00AM

WRUP: This is why we can't have nice things

Posted on Jul 26th 2014 10:00AM