Posted: Feb 5th 2011 8:12AM Tizmah said

One MMO already takes enough time. Playing two...I just don't see myself ever having time to play other games that aren't MMOs. I just don't see how you can be engrossed in two or more MMOs at once. I just don't see how you would get anything done.

Posted: Feb 5th 2011 8:21AM Doba said

• Half a heart
All the F2P suck so I don't play them (my opinion) and I am not paying 30 bucks a month so one is fine.

Posted: Feb 5th 2011 8:31AM Arkanaloth said

yep.. Most of my time is spent in GuildWars. I keep Vindictus to break things up a bit and keep one game from getting stale. Now that CO's gone F2P It's there as well to have a little something different every once in a while.

Posted: Feb 5th 2011 8:39AM Xandarien said

Atm I actively play Lord of the Rings Online and Star Trek Online, and when they release new content I'll resub to Lego Universe....I also have Age of Conan and DDO on hand if I get bored!

But then I'm a semi disabled housewife so I have an awful lot of time on my hands....

Posted: Feb 5th 2011 8:42AM Meagen said

The question is not about "having several MMOs as the 'current' game you're playing", it's about being actually logged into two or more MMOs within the same span of time.

I tried that a few times, when I had an RP conversation with someone in CoH at the same time as an event was happening in GW, I'd switch to GW whenever I was waiting for my partner to finish typing. But my computer couldn't really handle it, both game stuttered something horrible.

Posted: Feb 5th 2011 8:51AM MMOaddict said

I play a few games during the same month, rarely at the exact same moment though. Although I have played FFXI in a group on one side of my screen and was solo questing in WoW on the other side.

I can see playing Eve in conjunction with another game as most of Eve is very slow(non pvp and non missions at least). Same with Darkfall, my character could be harvesting or swimming while I play something else more interactive.

Makes one wonder why the devs of Eve and DF and FFXI put so much un interactive elements into their games. Maybe that's why they only hit niche crowds.

Posted: Feb 5th 2011 8:57AM Shirogetsune said

I run City of Heroes on my pathetic eMachine, largely for chat with our coalition and the occasional group, and then actually play DCUO on my PS3. We also have a powerful laptop in the house, but I can't see trying to be in/playing DCUO and also doing something worthwhile in another MMO.

Posted: Feb 5th 2011 9:01AM FrostPaw said

No, I've never played two mmo games at the same time. If one isn't engaging me I wouldn't bother keeping it on my hard drive nevermind subscribing to it.

Posted: Feb 5th 2011 9:04AM cowboyhugbees said

I used to think I could only have time for one MMO.

But, because the market has exploded, and because I started reading massively, I always want to try new games out. I'll only pay ONE recurring monthly payment, though. Outside of that, it's all F2P.

Currently, it's Lord of the Rings Online and Star Trek Online. I tried EVE (pretty but a bit slow for my tastes), and Vanguard (fantastic but sadly dead), and I'm currently downloading Runes of Magic to give that a shot.

Posted: Feb 5th 2011 9:05AM ScottishViking said

Three: LOTRO, DDO, and EVE.

Posted: Feb 5th 2011 1:44PM wfseg said

@ScottishViking

Same for me too. Also, Wizard101 when playing with the kids.

Posted: Feb 5th 2011 9:09AM Deadalon said

No... why should I ?

Posted: Feb 5th 2011 9:10AM Pylades said

Generally, I only play one MMO at a time. But my husband and I recently started playing LOTRO together a few hours a week, while my primary game remains WoW.

Posted: Feb 5th 2011 9:26AM Syesta said

Back in the "Waiting hours for a PT invite" days of FFXI, I would flag up and wait for an invite while playing Phantasy Star Online Ep I&II on Game Cube.

Posted: Feb 5th 2011 11:31AM cowboyhugbees said

@Syesta PSO for Dreamcast was one of my favorite games EVER. Until my level 50 account was hacked, that is.

Posted: Feb 5th 2011 9:41AM Jeromai said

Taking the strict definition of "was logged into" two MMOs at once, not very often. Most MMOs are able to keep me occupied in the moment, and many of them have such high graphical demands that my poor computer would likely die trying to render them on two monitors at once.

When I was on my ATITD binge though, I was often logged into two ATITD clients. I've managed ATITD and Guild Wars, though with long pauses in between. I've played ATITD and CoH while watching DVD movies on the other screen, but that's not double MMO'ing.

Wurm Online and WoW was another match made in heaven, since Wurm was click-a-button-to-watch-a-progress-bar-move-every-11-seconds gameplay, and WoW Cataclysm leveling is broken up into really piecemeal goals. The key is at least one of the MMOs has to be a low graphics hog.

Posted: Feb 5th 2011 9:57AM MegaBubble said

I'm become way to absorbed in my MMOs to play more than one at any given time. Any time spent playing MMO B could have been used on building my character in MMO A, so it feels wasted to me.

Not to mention the fact that as a roleplayer, keeping up with multiple character relationships is enough of a pain even between alts in the same game - not to mention between characters in totally different universes/settings.

Nope...one deeply engrossing MMO is all I need. Constantly hopping between game worlds only serves to further break my immersion from the setting and reinforces the reality that I'm only wasting away time on video games, not beating up bad guys as MegaBubble, protector of Paragon City.

Posted: Feb 5th 2011 10:30AM zorovriend said

well i do play a lot of MMO's and i dont have a real main one, but i did play darkfall and runes of magic at the same time.

start gathering in darfall then alt-tab to runes of magic for some quests and when the sound of mining or woodcutting stops I alt-tab back.

Its actualy really bad come to think of it.

Posted: Feb 5th 2011 10:32AM Myopic Aardvark said

I'm currently playing Star Trek and Champions Online and have just started back playing LOTRO again after a couple of years break. Stopped playing COH recently, just because I'm burnt out with it after 6 or so years.

Tried DCUO as well, but was done with in within a week (great single player game though!)

Will add TOR to my list and I've got a DDO account to try out as well.

These are my hobbies. I work, I eat, I play (oh yeah, and there's some sleep in there too). Luckily, my wife plays a couple of them as well, so we get to spend lots of time together.

Posted: Feb 5th 2011 10:32AM Pingles said

There are SO many MMOs out there with so much content to explore that I cant help myself but to play several at once.

But my main grabs 90% of my gaming time.