Posted: Feb 5th 2011 8:45PM Lepton1000 said

Yes, a Featured Episode, the release of which brought the Star Trek Online servers to their knees. Emergency Maintenance was implemented to deal with the network problems. A queue was put in place to deal with the number of folks trying to play the mission.

I love how you guys only report half of the story. At least you might have mentioned the server issues to illustrate how popular the Feature Episode is. It's been an ongoing issue all day.

Posted: Feb 6th 2011 3:24AM pcgneurotic said

@Lepton1000

Would they have known about the server issues at that point though? I doubt they wouldn't have at least added a line at the end about the server issues. Or maybe there's a million other reasons. Or maybe you just didn't have your coffee yet? ;)

Posted: Feb 6th 2011 1:37AM JonBuck said

The server problems seem to be fixed now, and the Episode was very entertaining.

Posted: Feb 6th 2011 9:36AM Ayenn said

The episode was rather contrived. The use of the shuttle was what I would call over design or design rot. It could have been better but it was not. Maybe the next in the series will be better.

Posted: Feb 6th 2011 11:13AM darrenkitlor said

@Ayenn The rationale is that there's a massive civil war going on between the Romulans and the Remans.

You use a shuttle so as to not to provocate either side. It also made sense for examining the interiors of the station.

Posted: Feb 7th 2011 6:11AM MyDune said

@Ayenn

What are you talking about?

Posted: Feb 6th 2011 11:19AM Daala said

I liked the new episode.
Need to replay it a few times for the special shuttle weapon you get on replay!

Posted: Feb 6th 2011 6:28PM Pojoh said

I really enjoyed the new episode. It all took place on a shuttle craft. Lotsa fun.

Posted: Feb 7th 2011 12:56AM dudemanjac said

I always hated the I'm in a shuttle and something bad happens episodes in Star Trek. After the first few times, you'd think they would stop doing that...

Posted: Feb 7th 2011 9:36AM J Brad Hicks said

You know, if this had come out a month ago, I would have still cared. If *any* new content had come out in the last month and a half, I would have still cared. It was long enough between what used to be called Weekly Episodes that I got bored with Star Trek Online, and who knows when I'll get around to looking at it again.

Posted: Feb 7th 2011 12:45PM Tom in VA said

@J Brad Hicks

Agreed. I think that the way STO is structured and the rate at which new content is produced do NOT warrant paying a regular monthly subscription fee. The game should either switch to F2P or offer a substantially lower monthly subscription rate.

As it is now, the only reasonable way to approach the game from a subscription standpoint is to subscribe for 1 month (only) about twice a year. It's hard to stay interested in a game when you're doing that, however.

Posted: Feb 8th 2011 3:21PM Maverick128 said

Loved the episode, and the Vault was gorgeous. Haven't played in about 5 months but I'm glad I came back. A LOT has changed and I'm now finally a Captain with my awesome little Defiant class Escort. That thing kicks ass.