Posted: Feb 5th 2011 3:06PM djdaveet said

Since you're the only person to comment on this, i'm hoping you can elaborate.

I'm having some of the "issues" you mentioned with XPadder. DCUO sees my controller, but it doesn't work -- and it's the only game with this issue.

However, if I turn "on" Xpadder, the controller works... but with the wrong mappings.

How did you handle XPadder? Is there a setting I'm missing here? Can you elaborate on your problems - and how you dealt with them?

Thanks!

Posted: Feb 5th 2011 5:22PM ZachDude said

@djdaveet

I had the same probel found this post from from @Kace on DCUO forums.

Quick and dirty because this was also not working with my wifes PS2-USB-Adapter:

1. Run the DCUOptions.exe (..\common\dc universe online\UNREAL3\BINARIES\WIN32)

2. Your controller should be listet there, run the calibration

3. Finish calibration and click on 'Save Settings'

4. Now a new createt Folder will be in ..\common\dc universe online\UNREAL3\DCGAME called 'SaveData'

5. Copy the new created settings.xml to ..\Documents\My Games\DC Universe Online\DCGame\SaveData

6. Run the game and anable the Gamepad in the option

7. Enjoy

^The above worked for me, hope it works for you.

Posted: Feb 5th 2011 5:22PM ZachDude said

• 1 heart
Problem.... not Probel... lol

Posted: Feb 5th 2011 11:37PM sortius said

@djdaveet Most of the problems come from using XP and not Windows 7. I'd suggest moving to 7 if you haven't already.

I've been using my wireless 360 controller & wireless 360 headset for DCUO since launch without a single hitch (apart from the old controller-not-on-before-starting-the-game problem, but that's my own stupidity).

Posted: Feb 6th 2011 12:23AM djdaveet said

@sortius

I am using 7, and having this XPadder problem/conflict.

@ZachDude

So far, that hasn't helped. I'll try one more time to see if I can make it work tomorrow. Maybe I made a mistake....

Posted: Feb 5th 2011 3:07PM Xanderkun said

• 1 heart
So instead of properly optimizing the game to support a keyboard and mouse, they want you to spend more money on a control just to be able to play the game?.. Brilliant...

Posted: Feb 5th 2011 5:15PM markt50 said

@Xanderkun

Completely agree. I've got nothing against anyone wanting to use a joypad to play any game, but for me a keyboard and mouse is far better than any joypad, yet somehow they managed to make the keyboard and mouse controls in DCUO feel 'clunky'.

Posted: Feb 5th 2011 11:26PM MtthwRddl said

@Xanderkun

You no more need a controller for DCUO as you do a SteelSeries Gaming Mouse for WoW, meaning that of course the game works well with it, but it isn't absolutely necessary.

A basic controller is $20 compared to $70 for the gaming mice people advertise for many MMOs. In my honest opinion, I think playing with a controller in DCUO is a ton of fun, and I feel my combat is more fluid thanks to it.

I know players don't like to be nickle and dime'd but players need to stop complaining any time an extra expenditure comes around. Many players complain every time a MMO announces it's monthly fee (omg, not f2p!) and they complain any time a MMO starts selling cash shop items.

We get it! You don't have a job and you blew all your mom's money on manga and anime so she can't afford to buy you anything else this month. Let other people enjoy the perks of having a little disposable income, and don't berate the company that provides extra ways to enjoy the game...if you have the money.

Posted: Feb 7th 2011 5:10AM Snichy said

@Tempes Magus. You're right people DO have the right to complain about anything they want, but similarly compaines DO have a right to charge whatever they want

Posted: Feb 7th 2011 10:48AM phatbhuda said

@Tempes Magus I believe the idea is that they do release regular content updates that are part of their $15 a month charge.

Posted: Feb 5th 2011 3:33PM The Minn said

the controller layout is not fun for this MMO. I beta tested DCUO on ps3. I hated it. Keyboard + Mouse is best for this. Only MMOs I know that are better with controller w/PC = FF11 and 14.

Posted: Feb 6th 2011 4:02PM mechanicalturk said

@The Minn

That assessment seems incomplete. I play on the PS3 and using the controller during combat is far more fun, visceral, and intuitive than the mouse and keyboard. Especially with the skill-based combos. If you are referring to using the controller for the more typical aspects of an MMO, like chat and inventory management, I will agree with you.

Posted: Feb 5th 2011 3:45PM warpax said

it makes perfect sense that DCUO being an arcade game plays best with a controller.

Posted: Feb 5th 2011 3:46PM Deadend said

Always use the best tool for any given job. Just because you can use the handle of a screwdriver to hammer a nail in doesn't mean you should.

Posted: Feb 5th 2011 4:05PM Quarlo said

I attempted to use a game controller with DCUO, but for some inexplicable reason the right joystick was messed up for DCUO.

When you move the joystick up and down, the camera would move RIGHT and LEFT. and left and right movement would move the camera UP and DOWN.

The game controller works fine with other games, just not this one. oh well.

If it wasn't for this I would be using the controller for DCUO.

Posted: Feb 5th 2011 5:24PM ZachDude said

@Quarlo Read what I posted in reply to the 1st comment.

Posted: Feb 5th 2011 4:16PM JDW715 said

Does the Xbox headset work plugged into the controller on the PC? It's supposed to work on the wired controller.

Posted: Feb 5th 2011 4:27PM Yellowdancer said

They did something in beta which messed up a lot of controllers. Like, my controller is no longer recognized as a PS controller but works fine. Someone said something about going into windows and flipping this and that fixes most x-box controller issues. I think its a motherboard/OS thing. Donno. I have never gotten an x-box controller to work on my PC for any game and I've changed motherboards twice.

Also, I find I like the mouse/keyboard over controller. It gives me more control. I see people having issues with mouse/keyboard but I can't understand it. It was natural to me. I only learned people didn't like it when I started reading forums. It seems to me...MMO players who don't play a lot of action games on the PC have the most trouble adapting.

Posted: Feb 5th 2011 4:50PM InventionExchange said

The PC USB version of the XBOX 360 controller is the best thing I've purchased for my computer in years.. I actively seeks out games on Steam that use it by default.

Posted: Feb 6th 2011 1:55AM The Minn said

@InventionExchange I got the limited edition TRON xbox 360 controller and it is sooooo heaven sent! the d-pad is not as stubborn as the original 360 controller and even the 2 joysticks are better. the fact its an after-market controller is amazing! you can still find them, new, on some sites (got mine from cduniverse) but they are sold out on amazon/gamestop/etc...literally the best videogame accessorry i have ever bought. i would have paid 30 more for it...its that good!

MMO Week in Review: WoW's rebound

Posted on Nov 23rd 2014 8:00PM

EVE Evolved: What does Thera mean for EVE?

Posted on Nov 23rd 2014 6:00PM