Posted: Feb 4th 2011 8:07AM Grumms said

I understand this is an MMO blog.

But I'll have to say Counter-Strike and Battlefield 2. I will never not have those games on my hard drive.

[ Atleast until Battlefield 3 ;) ]

Posted: Feb 4th 2011 8:34AM sauceofmagic said

@Grumms You mean Bad Company 3, right? :DD

Posted: Feb 4th 2011 8:43AM Grumms said

@sauceofmagic

No way! Battlefield 3, the sequel to Battlefield 2. Bad Company 2 is just a spinoff. (Good fun though)

^ Site got released today :)

Posted: Feb 4th 2011 12:12PM HereticalPenguin said

@Grumms Same here, actually. I still constantly play those two games and always get that "they don't make 'em like they used to" feeling :)

Posted: Feb 4th 2011 12:28PM MotionX said

@Grumms

Yeah, but the sad part is that they are adding a single player campaign to BF3 for the consolers. Hence, BF3 and BC3 are pretty much synonymous now.

Posted: Feb 4th 2011 8:17AM Thingfish said

Runes of Magic, i'd have to say. Its just such an awesome game, and my play through was great. Not to mention I had a great guild as well...

I still have it installing, and I have been thinking about playing it again.

Posted: Feb 4th 2011 4:52PM TheElvenAssassin said

@Thingfish

Yeah, I agree. There's just something about it that keeps you coming back for more. :)

Posted: Feb 4th 2011 8:18AM SgtBaker1234556 said

EVE, I thought - because having strong social ties is so important..
In the end, the game itself got so annoying, it was actually quite easy to leave - but still talk to my friends on Jabber/IRC.

Posted: Feb 4th 2011 8:20AM Foolscap said

Anarchy Online. I've been with it on and off since beta and it's horribly rocky launch. There is just something about the game and it's sci-fi setting that draws me back in over and over.

Posted: Feb 4th 2011 12:10PM Clinton O said

@Foolscap Yeah i have to agree about that game, i love it. I always manage to come back every now and then

Posted: Feb 4th 2011 8:20AM Loopy said

WoW unfortunately.

I switch to another MMO, get disappointed that it doesn't have some of the core features that WoW has (even though the game may be fun), and then i switch back. Then immediately i remember why i left WoW, and it's a magical cycle all over again.

Although i have most of the mainstream MMOs installed, since i know i'll be back at some point, and i don't feel like reinstalling and patching all over.

Posted: Feb 4th 2011 10:32AM Tom in VA said

@Loopy

Me, too.

For all its faults, WoW has the content and the quality that other MMOs lack. It is always my "fallback plan" when I'm between trying other MMOs. Few other 15$/month MMOs are actually worth $15/month. WoW is -- at least until I get bored of it ... again.

Posted: Feb 4th 2011 8:21AM Dark Ember said

Lord Of the Rings Online. Have had trysts with other MMOs but I always come back to it. Great Community and great friends.

Posted: Feb 4th 2011 8:30AM Dumac said

Guild Wars. For me it set standards for clean, structured design, what fun combat means, visual and audio design, horizontal expansion and storyline structure, not to mention that the pricing model isn't a small detail either.

I keep quitting it out of boredom, i have over a thousand hours in it (which may still be on the low side for many veteran players) but i keep returning when i realize that new releases don't quite live up to it in certain respects.

Posted: Feb 4th 2011 10:35AM Tom in VA said

@Dumac

GW is probably my favorite online game EVER.

However, I have played it into the ground. I will return to it, however, once they bring online the "7 heroes" option, as they have said they will do.

Posted: Feb 4th 2011 12:41PM Lewa said

@Dumac Going to have to agree here. Guild Wars is always going to have a place, up until I got enough stuff for Guild Wars 2.

Posted: Feb 4th 2011 7:38PM Suplyndmnd said

@Dumac

Knew Guild Wars would be mentioned early. My first ever foray into MMO's and I still play it thanks to the fact that I have no subscription to pay. It's far less frequent of course but still play it with some friends time to time. It really set the bar for MMO's to me and Guild Wars 2 has big shoes to fill. The greatest thing about GW is the fact of no grind in an MMO. It was just missions and quests and there was no break that took months to finally continue the story.

Posted: Feb 4th 2011 8:32AM Jade Effect said

Dark Age of Camelot.

It was fun while it lasted, and I still hang out with real-life friends who played it with me. However, I wouldn't want to go back to the game and do it all over again. Best if it just remains a good memory of yester-years.

Posted: Feb 4th 2011 9:00AM Krogg said

@Jade Effect I feel your pain.

Posted: Feb 6th 2011 9:36AM wagonfactor said

@Jade Effect +1 daoc was my first mmo. preSI it was just a phenomenal game. SI didnt ruin it and a necro was actually my first lvl50, followed by a minstrel and a cabalist. i loved that game more than life itself. ive been back a couple times. since returning ive gotten a bonedancer to 50 and a heretic to 50. the rvr just isnt at all what it used to be. if they brought back old frontiers and added an open warband/party feature like warhammer, it would be the greatest thing ever. the few times ive been back, i LFG forEVERRR and when i finally get picked up the people feel like elitist jerks. back in the day everyone was nice and had a good time. aaaahhhh i miss it so much

Make My MMO: December 14 - 20, 2014