Posted: Feb 3rd 2011 3:51PM ScottishViking said

I play both Minstrels and Burglars extensively, and I can say without hesitation that these are excellent updates. Particularly for the Minstrel: the attention to upper-tier ballads and lengthy cooldowns are just great. The only annoying part is that my great 1st age Legendary Items don't have the right legacies now! :)

I'm less impressed by the Burg changes, but they're still good overall. I particularly like the attention to "stances." I think this will allow a lot more diversity in the kinds of burgs you see out there (instead of the 75% Quiet Knife for PvE and 95% Gambler for PvMP).

Posted: Feb 3rd 2011 3:56PM EdmundDante said

About time they did something with the Minstrels. What has it been? Two years?

Posted: Feb 3rd 2011 4:16PM InventionExchange said

I need to get back into LOTRO.. I got a Warden to about level 35 and then my hand started cramping from all the key combos.

Love the game but I think I need a less button-mashy class.

Posted: Feb 3rd 2011 4:17PM delphinius81 said

You should edit your article. The new stances are not stealth exclusive. You can use those stances while not in stealth as well. But, unlike Mischief, the effects of the stances are also active while in stealth.

Posted: Feb 3rd 2011 4:34PM Nerves said

The minstrel update was really good, and should make minstrel's lives a lot easier. Minstrels are already considered one of the strongest solo classes in PvP, and this update makes them even stronger. I'm interested to see how it turns out.

The Burg update has some much looked for changes, but fails to address the failings of the Burg's debuffing role. Like the minstrel, this update should make the burgs an even stronger PvMP class.

Posted: Feb 3rd 2011 5:58PM Icemasta said

Can't wait till the next Champion patch that will remove Fervour!

Still pissed about the nerf to Fervour lol.

Posted: Feb 3rd 2011 6:51PM DiscoJer said

• 1 heart
It's depressing how class balances are pretty much all of those that don't raid in LOTRO have to look forward to for another year...

Posted: Feb 3rd 2011 7:35PM JaySpeed said

@DiscoJer

Can I peer into your crystal ball since you can clearly see the future? I want to place a bet on the superbowl this weekend. LOL

Volume 3 Book 3 will have a new raid for the raiding crowd but it also continues the epic story. I've heard rumors that the Rift is becoming scalable so there will be a new lvl 65 Rift armor set. They are also tweaking the legendary item system in this update. Hopefully making it much less random! And with the removal of Radiance, even the most casual player can go raiding if they desire. No more radiance gear grinding! Hopefully we get a new skirmish with the epic story too but we'll see. Then there's the summer update and who knows what's gonna be included in that one. There's plenty of content coming before Isengard launches in the Fall. The sky is not falling so please back away from the ledge.

Posted: Feb 3rd 2011 9:38PM TheJackman said

Lord of the free loaders :P Nah just kidding!