Posted: Feb 3rd 2011 10:22AM Yellowdancer said

What version of Transformers is the picture from?

Posted: Feb 3rd 2011 3:24PM JustPlainJim said

@Yellowdancer
Looks like fanart. Those are all G1 combiners, of the popular style where four smaller bots could be arms or legs, with one central bot as the center. If you assume the center bot defines what combiner it is, then from left to right it's Defensor (I think), Menasor, Superion and Bruticus. However, arms and legs have been swapped among the combiners, even going across factions (e.g. Superion has legs from Bruticus, an arm from Menasor and an arm from his usual all-jet form). And this could be done with the toys, as well. It's missing Devastator (but he was a different style of combiner using 6 bots that each had an assigned space) and the 5-bot combiners from after "Transformers: The Movie" (i.e. from seasons 3, 4 and any Japanese extensions to G1).

All this from memory. I am such a nerd.
A nerd that would kill for a Transformers MMO.

Posted: Feb 3rd 2011 6:29PM mattwo said

@Yellowdancer Looks like the operation combination/scramble city 2 OVAs that were never released in the USA (USA rarely gets OVAs anyway lol)

Posted: Feb 3rd 2011 6:31PM Eliot Lefebvre said

@JustPlainJim Pseudo-fanart, but arguably official. Studio OX loved playing with the Scramble City combiners, hence the piece. I think that they meant for each combiner to have limbs from all four, but it's hard to tell from the blocking who's forming some limbs -- Defensor's left arm, Superion's right leg, and Bruticus's right arm and leg are all obscured. (Of course, what you can see of Superion's right leg looks to be Wildrider, which shoots that theory down right quick.)

Posted: Feb 3rd 2011 10:23AM Ocho said

First: My first was Ultima Online, but I technically didn't stay for longer than a month. Another character duped me into giving him an item that basically I should've known better, and I felt cheated. I don't think I ever logged back in after that. Then I picked up WoW and played it for much longer than I should have (still am playing, actually...), but also picked up Guild Wars as a side-game and played them both. Now... I'm hooked... WoW, GW, STO, Wizard101 (thanks Beau), LotRO, FE, Rift, and I'm thinking about trying out CO and Earthrise, too. Even my wife is thinking about trying Wizard101 now.

Fav non-traditional: I'd have to agree with Justin... Fallen Earth is pretty awesome. It really is too bad its a monthly sub so I can't play it right now... I just can't afford multiple monthly subs...

Gameplay feature: More cosmetic options and decent player housing. I love the idea in LotRO, and that you don't have to wander around looking like you forgot how to dress yourself. But these are things a LOT more games should adopt...

Posted: Feb 3rd 2011 11:40AM Ryn said

Shawn brings up an interesting point here on Tabula Rasa and their cloning feature. I never had the opportunity of playing the game, but I think it's a good idea. The closest thing I can think of to this would be WOW's Death Knight which allows you as long as you have a level 80 character to start the Death Knight at level 55. Come to think of it, Runes of Magic has some sort of this feature in the game, but I think it comes into play early, like level 10 or so?

Posted: Feb 3rd 2011 8:30PM Joystiq Login Bugs SUCK said

Hey Massively's overlords... Are you EVER going to give people back their user names?

One of the most botched moves ever made was the day Joystiq swalloeed you.

Posted: Feb 4th 2011 12:48AM Valdamar said

Wheee I get two questions answered and one of my favourite IPs is used for the picture on the article :) Interesting answers guys.

Posted: Feb 13th 2011 12:36PM Romanime said

Now that many people's free month is running out on DCUO what are sort of your final thought's on the mmo, and would you renew your subscription for this second month?