Posted: Feb 2nd 2011 11:06AM nevin said

It's weird but I am such a massive ST junkie but this just doesn't appeal to me at all. Can't even rationalise it.

Posted: Feb 2nd 2011 11:07AM nevin said

@nevin I also don't do grammar either it seems.

Posted: Feb 2nd 2011 11:06AM mysecretid said

Still my favorite MMORPG. Not saying it has to be anyone else's, but it's mine.

Posted: Feb 2nd 2011 12:19PM cowboyhugbees said

@mysecretid It's quickly moved to number 2 for me. The constant instances get old, but everything else is pretty awesome.

I think the Foundry is going to add that "Star Trek" feeling that's missing from a lot of the missions, though, so I'm excited.

Posted: Feb 2nd 2011 4:33PM Ayenn said

@cowboyhugbees

I cant say I agree that it is going to add any Trekness to STO. I believe it is actually going to detract from the potentual of Trekness. One of the things that has made Trek what it is, is IP control. If anything greater IP control of STO assets by CBS would insert that missing element.

Don't get me wrong. I really like STO but I will not touch Foundry missions.

Posted: Feb 2nd 2011 6:02PM Omali said

@cowboyhugbees

I didn't have any problem with the instancing, at least in the context of the show the Enterprise was rarely accompanied by another Federation starship.

Posted: Feb 3rd 2011 11:04AM Blue Kae said

@Ayenn I would recommend at least trying some of the higher rated Foundry missions, such as the ones copied to live early as part of the one year anniversary. I think you'll be surprised at how Treky some of the missions are. There's definitely some crap missions being made, but you're missing out if you ignore all of them.

Posted: Feb 2nd 2011 11:13AM Duulin said

Is now a good time to try this game? I saw this morning that amazon.ca has it listed for $9.99CAD and I'm tempted...

Posted: Feb 2nd 2011 11:22AM Saker said

That video was painful to watch, the canned speech starting off with what a great first year they've had. Great first year huh? uhm.... ok... But hey I certainly wish them all the best!

Posted: Feb 2nd 2011 12:17PM cowboyhugbees said

@Saker If you consider how far they've come since the initial launch disaster, you have to give them credit. Especially DStahl.

Posted: Feb 2nd 2011 11:26AM Rhazes said

I bought this game for $2.50 cents from Amazon digital download. It only took me 2 weeks to beat all the content and most of the achievements. I still have time left on my 30 days so i'll try this out.

Posted: Feb 2nd 2011 4:36PM Ayenn said

@Rhazes

You don't "beat" an MMORPG. IF you are doing that you are not really enguaging all it has to offer.

you can toss my two cents in a fountan and make a wish if you like :D

Posted: Feb 2nd 2011 12:23PM JonBuck said

I like Dan Stahl. He's one of the best things to happen to this game. But this video was full of MarketSpeak.

Posted: Feb 2nd 2011 1:21PM Quarlo said

After my WoW burnout I find myself really enjoying STO.

The devs have been constantly working to improve the game, especially since the train wreck of a launch. The STF are still a tad on the hardcore side for such a laid back MMO, but not impossible.

The Foundry is a game changer. It's incredibly deep and simple and some of the stories that players have created with it rival the best missions that I have played in ANY MMO.

Congratulations on one year STO.

Posted: Feb 2nd 2011 3:35PM Tezcatli said

I tried the game for a month. I didn't find anything exceptional in my time. But as far as MMOs go. It was different enough to warrant a few hours of my time every week. I pretty much single played the whole time. Which aside from certain unique quests, was kinda grindy. The only time I did anything with the guild I was in was when a random encounter had a guildie in it. I just remember his name was Don.

I think if I had friends in the game I would still be playing. But it just doesn't have enough of a pull to it. I do hope I can afford the cash to play it again. But atm it's not a priority.

Posted: Feb 2nd 2011 6:46PM Lateris said

I am looking forward to see how The Foundry will help this game.