Posted: Feb 1st 2011 9:06PM The Ogre said

• 1 heart
Was planning to give it a try on my next CoH break, but now? No thanks.

Posted: Feb 1st 2011 10:02PM Holgranth said

I for one am going to be rather Doom and Gloom about this. Jagex has gone from one of the most accountable game developers to one of the sleaziest in a matter of two years. Anyone who thinks the RS referendum wasn't bias towards an update that had obviously been in the works for months is an idiot.

Hell they even had teeshirts and ball caps made up to celebrate the occation.

Posted: Feb 2nd 2011 1:22PM Coolit said

@Holgranth
I've never played this game, but this seems like good news. Why does it make them sleazy?

Posted: Feb 2nd 2011 3:47AM Brockobama321 said

And the lord said unto them: Let there be fun!

Posted: Feb 2nd 2011 11:53AM End Dream said

QQ wusses.

Posted: Feb 2nd 2011 10:44PM CheesecakeBandit said

I remember when they took these away to combat bots and scammers. It actually worked, and it didn't kill the game. It kept going and kept growing after that point. The old players that missed being able to gank and scam had been frantically trying to get them to reopen it since then, but then again, the wilderness has never been used much anyways. I am afraid that with this they are reopening a can of worms that they thought closed (well not completely but it helped substantially). The complaints about the wilderness being gone will be replaced by complaints of scams and ganks in areas that they need to go for quests. That is unless they do as they said and move all the quests, miniquests, and minigames out of the wilderness, in which case people will only complain about scams :P.

Posted: Feb 3rd 2011 4:17AM John Lifeglen said

This change has greatly modified gameplay for a large number of people. Yes, everything was like so in the past minus one Grand Exchange (which by the way, is now broken beyond repair IMHO...). My question is a simple one. Consider if you will:

Jagex already had PvP and Bounty servers specifically designed to allow people to carry out old tasks from the old wilderness, often with even greater new rewards.

Said worlds were almost always near empty.

So then, why when the vote comes through is it so large? If no one was using these features how many people actually voted? All of them. Maybe no one actually wanted PvP to return to the wilderness (though I can't say I'm sorry to see the revenants go...), but it was offered with FREE TRADE. It is my belief that free trade was the hot commodity here, and that PvP was piggy-backed into it. Everyone wants to make a quick buck in RuneScape because it takes so much effort. Free trade will enable that. Just some food for thought.

Make My MMO: October 19 - 25, 2014