Posted: Feb 1st 2011 2:40PM kpaq00 said

Things have gone downhill since she stopped having as much of a presence. Sad to see her go, and wish her the best in all her future endeavors.

Posted: Feb 1st 2011 11:38PM DiscoJer said

@kpaq00

Things have simply just gone downhill at Turbine (their games anyway) the last couple years.

Wouldn't be surprised to see more people bailing for greener pastures.

Posted: Feb 1st 2011 2:56PM Alarie said

Best of luck to you! The weather should be a lot warmer.

Posted: Feb 1st 2011 3:04PM mszv said

I wonder where she is moving to. I read her twitter feed but can't tell, yet.

I moved away from California, but not for a job in the game industry! I miss California every day.

Posted: Feb 1st 2011 3:12PM rznkain said

Sad to see Patience go I remember years ago when AC2 launched its expansion I spoke to her quite abit and she even sent me a free copy of AC2 due to some issues I had with my account.Best of luck in your new job.

Posted: Feb 1st 2011 6:08PM Liltawen said

Liked Patience alot. Good luck in the future to her.

Posted: Feb 1st 2011 6:43PM jmerriex said

:( I wish Patience well, she was one of the good 'uns!

Posted: Feb 1st 2011 9:19PM Deryk said

Best of luck on your move and new life Patience! Tis' been fun and I hope you still will play LotRO now and again. Safe travels!

Posted: Feb 2nd 2011 12:51AM Valdur said

I wish you all the best... Anar kaluva tielyanna.

Posted: Feb 2nd 2011 5:22AM Deadalon said

Andy "WOW" Belford gone from WAR. The game is so dead considering they are now loosig their 3rd or 4th set of producers in few years that the game has been up.

Everyone knows that EA and BIoware dont give a rat's ass about WAR or any other Mythic related games. So ofc ppl are leaving Mythic when ever they can. Not that you can really blame EA for the sloppy work that is beeing done at Mythic for the past 2-3 years.

I think we are seeing a shutdown of WAR in 2012. Even sooner. Its a disgrace to see what Mythic has done to the IP... focusing on 1 small aspect (RVR) and leaving every other for dead. PVE is one of the worst ever seen - with no focus or even skill balance to make it enjoyable.

All I can say to andy tho ... Good luck - see you in WOW !

Posted: Feb 2nd 2011 6:53AM Kraven said

@Deadalon lol u post against all articles what talking about WAR ...
And this article is about Andy ... but no, u need to make this kind of comments against war.
See you in WOW? Now i understand ur frustration.

Ah, and you say the problem of WAR is because they focusing only in RvR ... You are so wrong ...
You like PvE? fine to you. I don't.
Now you can multiply both and maybe you will have in 1 million 55% like PvE and the other likes PvP.

The big problem in this moment is,
- lack of content for a MMO subcrption based and released two years ago. Always the same, nothing new and no hope for more content in this year.

- lack of GOOD developers to fix all bugs and instability. (See Rift and see how can smoothly can be the same engine).

- lack of community manager with balls. (maybe because of this Andy depart, maybe he was tired to be a EA muppet)

Balance? is all about who whine more. The l2p factor is apply in all classes in both factions. You kill me? whine whine you are OP. THIS problem is usually in any MMO

Shutdown WAR? no, but the only hope in this moment for WAR is other game company take the game. But that will never happen.

Good luck to Andy in the new project

Posted: Feb 2nd 2011 9:10AM Deadalon said

@Kraven

You have seen the documentary "second life" dont you ? Then you will understand Andy "WOW" Belford.

Here is a fact for you mister. PVP content RVR style will NOT hold enough ppl playing WAR to justify extra money spent on producing new "content". If WAR had PVE content to build upon it would have more means to hold Subs. They ignored PVE - thus have zero chance of holding out a long term financial project to build on the PVP content in the game. You might not like PVE - but its essential for actually keeping the game afloat.

Posted: Feb 2nd 2011 11:27AM nevin said

@Deadalon Hopefully they'll put no effort into PvE at the expense of PvP unless they have a glut of resources which we know they don't.

No-one I play war with plays the PvE..maybe as you say because it's no good..personally, I love WAR RvR, WARt's and all.

It has a crap load of issues no doubt about it but it's still the best fun I get playing in any MMO atm.

Betawatch: November 22 - 28, 2014